PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home

BirdyB
April 26th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I have a hood and trunk lid off my 1964 Falcon 2 door hardtop. Free if you can save them from the recycler! I'm going with fiberglass so I no longer need them kicking around.

BadBird
April 26th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I would like to have the hood. I will be home from Tucson around the 5-6th and let me know if that works. Thanks Larry

Zachary
April 27th, 2014, 01:41 AM
I could take the trunk lid off your hands if it's in OK condition. Do you have any pictures? I can pick it up when ever it is best for you.

ew1usnr
April 27th, 2014, 04:33 AM
I have a hood and trunk lid off my 1964 Falcon 2 door hardtop. I'm going with fiberglass so I no longer need them kicking around.

Hello, Ed (aka, Mr. BirdyB),

How much do the steel hood and trunk lid weigh?

How much weight do you save by replacing them with the fiberglass pieces?

Thanks, Dennis.

BirdyB
April 27th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I would like to have the hood. I will be home from Tucson around the 5-6th and let me know if that works. Thanks Larry

Sure!
I'll put your name on it and let me know what day you can come to Bothell after you return.

BirdyB
April 27th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hello, Ed (aka, Mr. BirdyB),

How much do the steel hood and trunk lid weigh?

How much weight do you save by replacing them with the fiberglass pieces?

Thanks, Dennis.

The hood weighs 42lbs according to my 10$ bathroom scale. I'll get trunk weights a little later today. I'm not sure what the weight savings are yet (haven't got the new ones yet). Might take some google work to see if a manufacturer publishes weights.

BirdyB
April 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
It's straight but has rust issues around the bottom.

Jeff W
April 27th, 2014, 10:21 AM

Hi Larry, do we see a scoop on your future?

Maybe a carbon fiber wrapped hood would save you from having to try a paint match.

BadBird
April 27th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Jeff, you have read my mind. I am thinking about doing the bubble hood and might try and match the color, but if that doesn't work I will go with the carbon fiber. Thanks BirdyB for the opportunity. Larry

Zachary
April 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Trunk lid looks good, birdyB. What would be a good time for me to drop by and pick it up? I'm good whenever.

BirdyB
May 1st, 2014, 06:20 PM
Trunk lid looks good, birdyB. What would be a good time for me to drop by and pick it up? I'm good whenever.

Hi Zachary
I sent you my number in a PM. Tomorrow night or Saturday morning would work out. I'm starting to get desperate for space!
Thanks

BadBird
May 2nd, 2014, 07:25 PM
Ed, Carol and I should be home from Tucson on Saturday and if it would be okay could I come by and pickup the hood on Monday? Let me know if that will work out. Larry

BirdyB
May 3rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Well, the trunk is available again if there's any interest out there.
Thanks!

BadBird
May 5th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I picked up the hood this evening from Ed and also took the trunk lid with me. If anyone needs the trunk it is in very good condition. There is only surface rust.
I am amazed at the work he is doing to his 64. His genius at the suspension and engine work is fun to look at.
Thanks Ed for the hood. Larry