PDA

View Full Version : Looking for something

doghows
May 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
I am looking for one of those trays that the car hop would hang on your window at the drive in. If anyone has one laying around show me what you got. Would like to use it for my delivery to put my picture book on at car shows. Thanks :D

Nathan289
May 29th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Id suggest one of those stands that attach to the hood latch catch.. behind the grill.

I see a diner tray falling off and scratching paint or someone leaning on it damaging a window. Some trays attach to glass which could break if leaned on.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but I want to save you some grief later

redfalken
May 30th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I've accumulated a lot of "stuff" over the years but don't ever recall seeing one of those. They're going for $30-50 each on eBay!!

doghows
May 30th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Well for good or bad Nathan has me rethinking this approach. I do have an old (repop) coca-cola TV tray? Maybe I'll just bring that to sit the book on.
Yes Nathan far enough from the car so some dummy won't tip it over onto the car. lol Boy you just can't account for some peoples stupidity sometimes, or they just don't care that you have 5000 hours of labour and tens of thousand of dollars invested. Oooopppsss check that I meant to say several hundred dollars. [thumb]

Nathan289
May 30th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Check ebay for a bible stand there is a guy selling them. Or make one your self.

Use an old under hood latch pin for the post. Mount that to a tray that holds your album.
pop the hood then latch bible stand into the catch.

When its time to go. Pop the hood latch to release your stand and close the hood.

doghows
May 30th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Nice idea, makes it's dummy proof! As long as I don't close the hood on it. :ROTFLMAO: