PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Club Calendar: photos needed!

JLP1977
July 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Hello, everyone!

I'm putting together a small, spiral bound 2015 calendar for the upcoming Mini Regional goodie bag that will feature the cars of the Rainier Falcons and I need your help!

If you are interested in having your ride featured in the calendar, please send me a hi-res jpeg image of your car (can be black and white, color, full car, a tight crop on an interesting detail of your car, etc) along with your name, your falcon club handle, and year and model of your Falcon.

Send to this email address:
falconcalendar2015@gmail.com

Thanks so much in advance! And holler with questions...
Joanna

Jeff W
July 19th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Just sent mine:)

Thanks for doing this.

redfalken
July 19th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Mine too! Here's what I sent. Post the photo you sent here if you want so we can get a glimpse of what's being submitted.

dhbfaster
July 19th, 2014, 06:29 PM
This, is going to be really cool. Wish mine were ready to be in it, but I will really enjoy seeing everyone else's.

SmithKid
July 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I just sent her this one. Thanks Joanna!

JLP1977
July 20th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the submissions so far!
Keep them coming... This is gonna be awesome! :D

Joanna

doghows
July 20th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Here's my contribution.

doghows
July 20th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Or this one??

BillP 98201
July 21st, 2014, 10:56 PM
Here is what I sent

Luva65wagon
July 24th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Here's the one I sent. We need more for Joanna - please let us know when you send one.

SmithKid
July 24th, 2014, 04:06 PM
You gpnna send one of Flarechero too?

Luva65wagon
July 24th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I need to find the ones my friend took, but I don't know how many I have of them. They were like 20 MB each in size. And I was in most of them too, which I'm not all that interested in...

:)

redfalken
July 24th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Here's the one I sent. We need more for Joanna - please let us know when you send one.

So we've got 7 so far:

Joanna - `62 sedan
Kenny - `62 sedan
Jeff - `63 wagon
Gene - `65 Ranchero
Steve - `63 sedan delivery
Bill - `63 Sprint
Roger - `65 wagon

We need at least 5 more. Any `60, `61, `64, or `66-`70 out there to fill in the blanks? Or any year/style will do! Show off your hard work and get a nifty calendar!!

Luva65wagon
July 24th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'll get one with my Ranchero and we can hopefully get Larry to submit his. And I can think of others. A good 'under construction' or two would be fun too.

Jeff W
July 24th, 2014, 08:19 PM
A lot of red, white and blue. Yes Larry's yellow and the Black "Wonder Falcon" are both needed.

Nathan289
July 25th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Here's pictures of my old 61 that I have on my phone.

I dont have anything calendar good.

Luva65wagon
July 27th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Here's one sent of the Ranchero I sent Joanna to use.

We need to Larry's, Dennis's, and Patrick's as some that should be in there - indeed. Some of the others I know about, like Kelly's wagon, Don's hardtop, are also nice cars. Kelly's with a trailer for July or August?

Voodoofalcon
July 27th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I sent in this work in progress photo.

Jeff W
July 27th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I sent in this work in progress photo.

Holy Smokes! Is that a Checker Limo behind you?

Voodoofalcon
July 28th, 2014, 07:58 AM
I was so excited to see my car I did not even notice it. What a beast, I will check it out next time I'm at the paint shop.

Holy Smokes! Is that a Checker Limo behind you?

JLP1977
July 29th, 2014, 10:10 PM
HI, gang! I have 3 months still available for submissions!
Thanks to those who have sent images so far...It's looking super cool!

Brian, how about your Van?

Also: anyone have a cool shot of their car in snow/snowy weather for December? God forbid actually driving in the stuff :D

Joanna

BadBird
July 30th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Joanna, I sent a picture and you said it was great, but I don't see me listed on the "as received" list. Larry

JLP1977
July 31st, 2014, 09:09 AM
Yep, got it! Thanks again! I only need 3 more contributions from other folks at this point.

Sorry I think my email from the other day was confusing…I mean that I have 3 blank months left in the calendar itself to place car photos.

I have October, November and December available for submissions!!

Luva65wagon
July 31st, 2014, 01:03 PM
Joanna - I assume you're going to highlight the owner by name as well? And maybe add their username from the forum? Maybe something like:

1964 Futura
Larry "Badbird" Smith

or

1965 Ranchero
Gene Smith
"Smithkid"

If so, is there any information we need to provide in this regard?

And can you create and append a list of who has supplied you with images? Maybe edit your initial post with this? You can leave our month as a surprise if you want. :)

JLP1977
July 31st, 2014, 01:20 PM
Yes to that, too! I'm on it, guys!

Here's is how things will be displayed:

Joanna Price's 1962 4-door Sedan

And if you submitted a photo, you're in :) I will compile a list later if i have a moment!

J

JLP1977
July 31st, 2014, 01:28 PM
PS: If i have any holes in info, i will reach out directly to the specific club member, so we don't have a million forum conversations going!

Thanks!

BadBird
July 31st, 2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks a bunch for doing this Joanna. I am enjoying Hot August Nights in Reno and seeing tons of cars. Quite a few Falcons and meeting lots of nice people. I will send out some pics when I get back. Larry

MacDee
July 31st, 2014, 06:54 PM
Best I could find of Freddie... Looks like it's grown a canopy!

MacDee
August 1st, 2014, 09:04 AM
Actually, the best shot I have of Freddie is one that was taken right after its paint job. It had 13-inch wheels then so she doesn't look like this anymore, but for a calendar... WHO CARES!

redfalken
November 23rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Joanna was able to assemble a few more of these calendars and at the meeting on Weds we discussed selling them. Hopefully nobody involved in submitting their photo for the project has an objection. If so, let me know ASAP as the auction has a delayed start. Tonight I have a buy-it-now auction set up to start at at 6:00pm PST on eBay.

They are selling for $15 which includes shipping. All proceeds will go to the Rainier Falcons Chapter general funds. There are only 7 left and it's first come, first sold! They make great stocking stuffers!!

The listing won't go live until tonight but the title is "2015 Ford Falcon Desktop Calendar - Rainier Falcons Chapter FCA Fundraiser" or search under the seller "redfalken".

redfalken
November 23rd, 2014, 06:01 PM
The auction is live now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141482463891

BillP 98201
November 23rd, 2014, 06:08 PM
Ordered mine! Thanks Kenny! [yay]

dhbfaster
November 23rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Me too, thanks!

Luva65wagon
November 24th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Gene and I tried to get one over to Dennis in Florida - since his car was in there, but the USPS delivered it to the Bermuda Triangle instead. :confused:

redfalken
November 24th, 2014, 03:15 PM
3 gone...4 left!

Thanks Bill, Don, and Brian for your support!!

BadBird
November 24th, 2014, 05:43 PM
What a fantastic Idea. Good job all. Larry

redfalken
November 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Only two more available!

I figure with fees and shipping taken out we're getting about $11 each for the general funds!

Should I take one off the auction and ship it to Dennis? Since his car was featured. I only have one for me at work so unless someone else has an extra to donate??? I'm assuming the one Roger sent is still M.I.A.?

dhbfaster
November 28th, 2014, 05:43 PM
If it was shipped usps "book rate" it will likely get there...but it may be 4-6 weeks. Literally...I made that mistake before. So, you might hold one for a few more weeks just in case.

SmithKid
November 28th, 2014, 06:56 PM
U.S.P.S. tracking says the box was delivered, so I suspect somebody else got it.

redfalken
November 28th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I went ahead and pulled one off the auction. Dennis - PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail.

ew1usnr
November 29th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Should I take one off the auction and ship it to Dennis? Since his car was featured. I only have one for me at work so unless someone else has an extra to donate??? I'm assuming the one Roger sent is still M.I.A.?

Hello, Kenny, Roger, and Gene.

Thanks for thinking of me, but it really is not necessary to send another calendar. I really just wanted to see what it looked like, and that was accomplished by seeing Kenny's e-bay posting.

I saved all ten photos to my "Rainier Falcons" file, and so I effectively already have a copy of the calendar. I'm happy and as I said, thanks, but there is no need to send another calendar.

I thought that it was nice that Joanna has a four-door ("Fordor") sedan deluxe. Those are really rare because so few people want a sedan. At the last car show I went to, there was one Falcon convertible and four hardtops. I thought at the time that a four-door would look good parked next to all the hardtops.

I hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving.