PDA

View Full Version : Shop expansion

doghows
November 17th, 2014, 10:06 AM
So Roger asked in another thread to show you what I've been so busy with. Unfortunately I can only post one pic a time with my I-products so here you go.
My shop goes from where the wife 4Runner is to the roll up door to the right (your right) of the red ford. And yes I do drive my car to work almost every day.

doghows
November 17th, 2014, 10:07 AM
This is my powder booth and big oven.

doghows
November 17th, 2014, 10:08 AM
This is my current blasting area!

doghows
November 17th, 2014, 10:09 AM
And this is the new area. We built the wall 25ft high and 70ft long. Framed out the new blasting booth and storage for all my work pilling up. It's a good problem to have!!

dhbfaster
November 17th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Nice! Work Piling up? Sounds like you need a night shift Steve.:3g:
Looks like the economy along with your reputation is treating you right.
Hopefully we can get over for a tour after it's all done.

doghows
November 17th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks Don. Hopefully all the hard work is paying off. I'm thinking of having a re-grand opening / car show / BBQ. Maybe this spring when it's warm again.
Anyone looking for a night job? lol:rocker:

SmithKid
November 18th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Night job? Commute? :ROTFLMAO:
Glad all is going so good for you, Steve!

Luva65wagon
November 18th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Very nice. Still looks like you can drive a car into the blast room. Are you going to dismantle the existing blast room? Use it for more storage space? Add another oven?

Night job? Does that include benefits?

doghows
November 18th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Blast room is bigger now, old room coming down to use material for a second room next to the new room. Old room turning into powder storage and large item storage. Just need more time and money to finish.

New room is 23'X10'X9'. A car will fit.

Luva65wagon
November 18th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I'd like to come over and help, but burning the candles myself along the entire length.

I'd like to get over there and salvage a set of wheels for my new truck by powder coating them, but I'm not sure when I could, and when you could - given our schedules of late. May have to rattle-can them for now.

Not a fan of them anyway, but...

If anyone has a set of Ford Truck wheels with 5 x 5.5, let me know. I'd kind'a like to go stock.

[Roger hijacks the thread] :banana:

Luva65wagon
November 18th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Oh, by the way, if anyone wants some tires with only 3000 miles on them, 31x10.50 15's just let me know. You can have them.

They are 16 years old though... :rolleyes:

doghows
November 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM
How about these. I got a set of four. 5x5.5 probably 6" wide. They are on my bronco but I'm switching them soon.

Luva65wagon
November 19th, 2014, 08:19 AM
They look perfect! I can trade you for these I have here. That way you can still have a roller. But I'd need to have those powder coated for sure, by the looks of them.

The tires on mine were in a barn all those years - so they are not dry-rotted at all. Only beyond the serviceable date.

doghows
November 19th, 2014, 09:31 AM
That's fine. I already have new wheels for mine and as soon as I put the lift in the bronco new tires are going in it. Probably in the next week or two.
How much time you got?

Luva65wagon
November 19th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I'm about a month or so out before I need to get the wheel/tire-thing sorted out. I can move it around with these big'uns too, as well. I could probably drive the truck over there with them - maybe get the wheels from you post-PC and buy the tires over there too - and swap it all over the same time. Drive back on new rims and tires.

As such, I'm fully flexible based upon your availability. And could even offer a day to help you do some stuff over there prior to this. Just gotta work it in.

When you pull them off - do you have a local "pal" who'll pull the tires off for you so you can PC them? I'd like them a white similar to Wimbeldon white (creamy white like my wagon).

doghows
November 19th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Yes to both questions. I'll get them off and coated. I did my new wheels for the bronco in wimbleton white as well. It's powder code BG-01. So I'll get those handled and let you know when there ready.

Luva65wagon
November 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM
You're the man... I assume this will be using your "new and improved" technique? :p

doghows
November 19th, 2014, 11:33 AM
For you no. Gene yes.

Just kidding yes to the best of my new research !:WHATTHE:

Luva65wagon
November 19th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Oh great... thanks... I think. :confused:

:NERVOUS:

:rolleyes:

dhbfaster
November 24th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Steve, When do you think you will have time to do some cheap club work again?
I'm not in that big of a rush, and by next summer (I hope) it will be pretty cool having my car in a show and being able to point to all the stuff that different people in the club either help with or did for me. (I picture name tags all over the car...)
I now have ready: valve cover, air cleaner, engine mounts and belly bar, fan, pulleys, a few other misc black parts, and also the seat frames...all pretty much ready to go, but they can wait 4-6 weeks or so without putting me behind. Maybe I need to take a vacation day in early January and help you get some of your other work done...

doghows
November 24th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Anytime is fine Don. I'll get it done it's mostly large jobs kicking my butt now. Got a 20 foot gate done today, tomorrow is working on 100' of hand railing.
I always am working on "small" things while the big stuff cooks.
Get it here pick your colors and I'm on it. [thumb]

Besides I think I have a set of wheels for Roger to get done pretty soon too.

Luva65wagon
November 25th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Besides I think I have a set of wheels for Roger to get done pretty soon too.

Yes, I think you do too...

:banana:

Truck is getting close, but it's in the carport - making getting anything done on it a real pain. I can move it, if I have to, when it's able, with the 16 year old wheels and tires.

But I thought about that age the other day. I bought the tires for my wagon in 1997. I have, maybe, 3000 miles on them too... and technically they are unsafe according to the DOT.

BillP 98201
December 3rd, 2014, 06:29 AM
Hard work pays off.:BEER:
You could make the old blast room the "new " saws all room!

Luva65wagon
December 4th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Not pressuring you at all Steve (you see what it can do to a person :rolleyes: ), but do you have an estimate on when you might be running those wheels through the queue? I'm slowly looking at tires now, trying to budget them in, and there are a few sales (with rebates) this time of the year. There will be more, I'm sure - there always is, but just wanting to get a feel for what you're thinking is.