PDA

View Full Version : 1963 Convertible A post windshield trims

hilldeej
March 14th, 2016, 09:50 PM
I am in need of both interior A post windshield trims for a Futura convertible. I believe they are stainless? Let me know what you've got. Thanks DJ

Luva65wagon
March 15th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Good luck! Not many convertibles survived in these parts.

Are you are aware of the National Falcon Club of America? We're a chapter of the FCA. Anyway, they have a nice monthly newsletter sent to members of the club and it comes with a huge classified listing of parts you might also find helpful.

Also, on Craigslist for the past few months there was a couple guys off'ing a bunch of Falcon parts. Worth a look if you haven't already.

ew1usnr
March 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
I am in need of both interior A post windshield trims for a Futura convertible. I believe they are stainless? Let me know what you've got. Thanks DJ

The outside pieces are stainless, but the interior trim pieces are chrome plated steel.

hilldeej
March 16th, 2016, 03:14 PM
No, I wasn't aware of the FCA, but I will check that out. Thanks for the tip! Ebay has been a bust. I am quickly finding that Falcons are not Mustangs with regard to ease of finding parts...but everyone has a 'Stang right? Thanks again!

Luva65wagon
March 16th, 2016, 03:50 PM
...but everyone has a 'Stang right?

Had one and built a few, but I don't have one at the moment. Two Falcons is enough. The one good thing is that many parts from a Mustang will fit a Falcon, so always worth looking at Mustang vendors for certain non-body-specific Ford parts.

There is also the TFFN web site (Google TFFN). Way too much 'noise' over there for my taste, but once a year I look to see what's new there.