PDA

View Full Version : New From Oklahoma

Mwilliams96
March 23rd, 2017, 07:24 PM
Looking for falcon forums to talk about this new obsession of mine. 1962 Four Door Falcon

Gitanesteel
March 23rd, 2017, 08:31 PM
Welcome. Nice looking car - what's the story behind it?

Mwilliams96
March 23rd, 2017, 08:37 PM
Just picked it up last week. Its a 62, Ming Green, with Turqouise and Gray interior. Runs pretty well, but the previous owner frankensteined windshield wiper fluid nozzels and aftermarket radio wiring into it that I will have to fix. My ultimate goal is a 302, C4 swap into it. I got a 302 long block from a buddy for free that his dad got in the late 70s for working on a car. Its a 68 Mexican block that just been sitting, since then. The c4 was free as well with the car, along with trans and engine mounts for the C4 and 302. I will be fixing the interior before anything else, while i build up the 302 and c4. 55 years has been hard on the cloth inserts of the bench seats.

BadBird
March 23rd, 2017, 09:20 PM
Good looking car. Keep us informed and updates. More Pics!! Thanks for sharing with us. Larry

dhbfaster
March 24th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Nice looking fordor!
How did you become interested in falcons?

Mwilliams96
March 24th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Nice looking fordor!
How did you become interested in falcons?

Always been a ford guy. My buddy had a 63 1/2 sprint a few years ago he never finished before selling, I really wanted to see it done. When this car came up for sale I was able to trade, and possibly lose some money on the deal,my 2002 steeda factory race car, that was not running but 95% complete and had been sitting in my garage untouched for 3 years. I wanted something I could drive on the road legally and put some time in with my kids outside of a drag strip. The round body falcons have always been cool to me, so I couldn't pass this one up.

Mwilliams96
March 24th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Couple more.

ew1usnr
March 25th, 2017, 03:01 AM
Looking for falcon forums to talk about this new obsession of mine. 1962 Four Door Falcon

You have a beautiful car. Have fun with your new obsession.

I like how the ash tray for the back seat passengers is built into the front seat back rest.