PDA

View Full Version : New-ish member

beerbelly
May 9th, 2017, 01:53 PM
I joined about 2 years ago after buying my 1965 Ranchero, a retirement gift to myself, but I realized haven't shared many photos. I've included a few here. I use it for what it was designed as, a light utility truck, and a daily driver, rain or shine.

I'm also a member of other forums (Ranchero.US, The Ford Falcon News), but I've recently decided I like the tone of this site much better; less BS and more realistic, on-point discussions about Falcons.

So thanks for this site, and I look forward to more discussions with all of you.

Beerbelly
FCA #15931

Jeff W
May 9th, 2017, 07:34 PM
That is a nice looking truck. Awesome to see it used as it was intended. I see two different styles of rims in your photos. Which are you running with currently and why did you choose it?

beerbelly
May 10th, 2017, 05:03 AM
Thanks Jeff.
I had been running Wheel Vintiques 15x6 steelies until recently. I didn't have a garage, so my car sat outside (under a car cover in the winter), and I didn't want nicer wheels just sitting out in the rain. We recently built a garage, so off came the steelies and on went some 15x6 Torq Thrust D's.

Gitanesteel
May 10th, 2017, 07:13 AM
That's a great looking Ranchero. Thanks for posting the pics. Would love to have one for a daily driver and to haul my bicycles around. It would get much better gas mileage than my V10 F250

dhbfaster
May 10th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the pics. Yep, what falcons are meant to do.

Luva65wagon
May 10th, 2017, 09:52 PM
That looks like the same trim package on Gene's Ranchero (Smithkid). My first foyer back into Falcons (post high school, when I had a '62 Futura) was a '64 Ranchero. It ended up being too far gone for restoring it in a garage in an apartment complex (1995). So it went away, but the desire for a Falcon was sparked - and I found the wagon a couple years later. They are harder and harder to find and yours looks really great. Good job keeping it usable as a truck!

[thumb]