PDA

View Full Version : Events and Announcements

BadBird
July 22nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
I found a brochure in my car that was thrown in there during the Maltby car show. It is for a show at Northshore Christian Church tomorrow from 0900-1400. Sorry I couldn't give more of a warning, just found out. The church is over behind Boeing. Address is 5700 23rd drive west. $20 day of show fee.
I am going to try and be there. Larry

SmithKid
July 22nd, 2017, 09:25 PM
I attended that show with my car, my son and his mustang a few years ago. It was a nice show. Nicely unique to have some of the car guys leave their cars to attend the service, then come back out to the show. That year, at least, The pastor came out after the service and chose a car to be awarded "Pastor's Choice". I'm sure you'll enjoy the event.

Gitanesteel
July 23rd, 2017, 08:49 AM
A little short notice for me. Heading to FL on Thursday with my daughter's softball team and won't be back until Aug 5th. My next show will be the Kruisin Kittitas Car Show and (really entertaining) Burnouts. Only two of us there last year had Falcons.

ew1usnr
July 23rd, 2017, 06:18 PM
Heading to FL on Thursday ...

Are you driving your Falcon??!! :rocker:

Gitanesteel
July 23rd, 2017, 07:38 PM
Are you driving your Falcon??!! :rocker:

Unfortunately, no. Gonna be at Jensen Beach from July 28-Aug 4th for the 12U Babe Ruth Softball World Series for my daughter's team who I help coach.

BadBird
July 23rd, 2017, 10:35 PM
Have a great time and good luck to the girls. The car show was good and enjoyed talking to everyone. Didn't win anything, but the cars that won deserved the awards. I took a few pictures and was surprised that no other Falcons were there.

BadBird
July 23rd, 2017, 10:38 PM
Having trouble getting pics to post for some reason. Trying again. Larry

BadBird
July 23rd, 2017, 10:42 PM
Maybe this time? Most won't transfer for some reason. Larry

Gitanesteel
July 24th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Maybe this time? Most won't transfer for some reason. Larry

Just so impressed with your Falcon, Larry, every time I see it.

Luva65wagon
July 24th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Aw shoot, missed this one. This is a show I wanted to attend, but things have been a bit out of my control of late, so have not been out and about looking for car shows. It looks like a well attended show!

I like that F1 pick-up.

BadBird
July 24th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Thanks Scott for the compliment. Roger, it was a good show, not near as organized as the Maltby show but still good attendance and nice people.
The guy with the F1 didn't like my comments about the Chevy engine in the Ford, but oh well.
There were some very nice cars and the best of show winner was a 54 (I think) Lincoln with mucho bucks invested. But, I also voted it best car there.
Sure makes me want to try and pick up another F1 and re-do it.
The main problem with getting one, is if it's decent, it has a very decent price, especially if it has a running flat head.
All but given up finding one with the original engine for what I would be willing to spend. But, if anyone knows of a 48-49 F1 around, let me know.
Larry

Luva65wagon
July 25th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Larry, what happened to the other truck you had? Did I miss a thread where you let it go?

I had a 1950 F2 with a 239 Flathead in the early 80's until I traded it to my then-brother-in-law for his 1956 F100 panel, which some of you may have seen, but others probably not. The F2, being a 3/4 ton pickup, was a beast we left as-is for the most part. The engine we rebuilt in around '83 and he drove it for a good 5 years before finding a 48 F1 and bought it. It had an Olds motor/trans swap done in the early 60's. That was an interesting truck. He has pictures of the F2 truck, but I only have a couple of my panel that didn't get blown away in some past computer crash.

Blast from the past... These are from 1982 when I had it for about a year:

6475 6476 6477 6478

This is what it looked like when I finally sold it 30 years later...

6479 6480

There are still some YouTube videos of it when the guy I sold it to sold it to Kompact Kar Korner in Lynnwood a few years ago...

https://youtu.be/8NgnQvwpLcM

https://youtu.be/EtD323W1ZW4

Oh, the good old days.

BadBird
July 25th, 2017, 08:28 PM
That is one great looking panel truck and man I love the pics with your hair!! Cool ride.
I sold the 48 I had because the guy had cut the frame up too much. I knew he did at the engine bay, but he also did at the rear end for some weird reason. I bought it in Oregon and sold it to a guy in Oregon and made about $250 on the deal. I delivered it to him and he paid me another $100 for that. He was thrilled and bought it for a father son project.
I am still going to build one someday, but it has to be the right one for the right price, if that exists.
Larry

ew1usnr
July 29th, 2017, 06:31 PM
... if anyone knows of a 48-49 F1 around, let me know. Larry

I saw this advertisement for an F-1 that looked pretty cool.
See this site:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1410606-1948-1956-vintage-photo-and-advertisements.html

Vikingblu
August 6th, 2017, 11:10 PM
1979/80 around the same time I painted the Falcon.
53 F100 239 flathead V8 3sp.
and me with hair .)