PDA

View Full Version : 1962 Falcon - Seattle-Northgate area

Luva65wagon
July 26th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Hey all, a very nice older couple have decided to, after 55 years of ownership, to to sell their Falcon. They are no longer able to get out and about in it and want it to go to a new home. She bought it brand-new.

Though it is by no means a show-car, it is a clear survivor car. No major issues seen, body is arrow straight with only a few very little rust issues. It has been garaged its entire life, interior is near new with only driver side seat wear. The 170 with 2-speed has less than 100K original miles. Her husband has kept the car maintained - and please note the electric counter near the start solenoid to show how many start cycles it has seen (since install of that part anyway).

She doesn't want a web presence, so if you are interested in the car please send me a PM and I will get you in touch with her. She wants to put the car into the hands of someone who will love it.

Price is $4500 OBO for the car simply due to how original it is, but you can negotiate that with her if interested. You could pretty much clean it up and drive it as is - it is that clean (under the dust).

Update: She has since cleaned up the car some since I took these pictures and her son did a little driving of it recently. This car isn't a big fixer-upper car. It goes. Will need tabs now (as of Aug 31), but I suspect most will swap to collector plates when transferring title.

Luva65wagon
September 2nd, 2017, 04:14 PM
Hey all - just pinging this ad up the list a little. I hope someone who needs a new Falcon will give it a look-see.

Luva65wagon
August 27th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Larry - I can check to see if this car is still around.

BadBird
August 28th, 2018, 12:59 AM
Thanks Roger, the car is too nice for me to tear it up. Thanks but no thanks. Larry

BadBird
August 30th, 2018, 01:19 AM
You know, if they really want to sell it and understand I am not going to leave it stock, then let me know. I might take a shot at it. The body if I remember talking to them was perfect. They saw my car and what I did to it. I am not going the show car route with this one, I plan on narrowed rear end and large engine with roll bar, etc. Larry

Luva65wagon
August 30th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Assuming it is still available, when I head to the northern estate next I think I've still got her number. Otherwise I may do a drive-by and see if it is still in their carport.