PDA

View Full Version : A new guy with a Sprint named Steve

sdkunick
April 5th, 2020, 07:49 PM
Hello everyone my name is Steve. My wife and I moved to Sequim last April. I retired after 40 years from Lockheed Martin Skunk Works as a Mfg Engineer. My first car in 1971 was a yellow Falcon Sprint Hardtop, black interior and a 4 speed, bought it from a local guy in Upland, CA for $550. Now that my second childhood is setting in I though I needed another so in 2015 I located a 2 owner Whimbleton White Sprint with a automatic. The previous owner had it painted, put on front disc brakes, redid the interior, put in seat belts and A/C. I paid $15,500 but feel I got a pretty good deal since it was always a CA car with no rust and all the work the previous owner had done. It's got a few issues so I'm sure you'll be seeing all my questions soon.

Thanks for listening.

Steve Kunick

Jeff W
April 8th, 2020, 08:54 PM
That looks beautiful. Welcome!

Luva65wagon
April 8th, 2020, 11:07 PM
Another Steve in Sequim. Welcome! We had/have a member who owns the powdercoat shop over in Sequim (Doghows Powdercoating). Nice guy who built a 63 Sedan Delivery, but then got back into Broncos and sold it, but if you need powder coating done - check him out. Ask for Steve.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Sprint.

SmithKid
April 10th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Very nice looking car. Hope you're as happy with your retirement project as I have been with mine. Definitely keeps a guy off the streets.

Gitanesteel
April 19th, 2020, 05:33 PM
Welcome from eastern Washington. Great looking Falcon.

sdkunick
April 22nd, 2020, 04:43 PM
I’ve actually met Steve. I went to his shop to ask about doing some powder coating. He told me he powder coated his whole car. It fit in his booth. I saw the pictures in his shop, a beautiful little sedan delivery.

Luva65wagon
April 24th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Considering how it started, it did turn out nicely. His thread on the build is here - look for Reconstruction has begun, or some such thing like that. Ah.. here you go: https://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/showthread.php?1115-Reconstruction-has-begun