PDA

View Full Version : New Guy to this forum

Loren
July 20th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Hi. Thanks for letting me join.I have just bought a 63 Falcon wagon to join my collection. I also have a 63 Comet 2 door sedan,(302 C4), a 65 Falcon Futura HiPo 289 stock 4 speed,66 Mustang and a 66 Comet Cyclone GT, 390.This wagon has some problems but I'm sure it will turn out OK. The shifter column was broken and I have replaced it, but for the life if me I can't seem to figure out how the section that the turn signal switch attaches to, actually connects to the shifter mechanism I know it has something to do with the 2 ''T'' bolts that hold the plate on, but it just is not making any sense to me....Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks......Loren

Luva65wagon
July 22nd, 2020, 03:20 PM
Welcome Loren.

The switch housing attaches to the outer tube of the column and the inner tube, which moves with the shift collar, is only contacting the shift collar. So you have the inner tube inside the column and the shift collar goes over it, then the turn signal switch housing (which is fixed into position) uses the two T-bolts and nuts. Getting these in is a bit tricky. You stick the bolts into the holes of the turn signal housing and attach the nut just a couple threads to keep them from falling off - then they will swivel into the outer tube and fall into the slots on the column, where you can now use the 7/16" socket to draw them up and tighten them.

If anything is vague here, ask and I'll clarify.

Loren
July 22nd, 2020, 06:44 PM
Thanks to Luva65wagon for the advice,I have installed the shifter collar on my wagon.Not one of Fords better thought out designs. Can anyone tell me the correct ''Falcon'' script for my 63 wagon rear quarter panel....Thanks