PDA

View Full Version : Glyptal ?

Ranchero_65
February 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Pat, When you did your motor did it take a full QT to do it ? I can get it local but in spray can and not sure I want to do it that way. Any tips ?

Thanks .

pbrown
February 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I bought a quart from Eastwood. I used on my engine block. Kenny used it on his 8" ceneter section and I send a small jar to someone on fordmuscle.com to do his 9". There is still a lot left. The can is anly about 1" down from full.

I can send you a small jar for your engine. PM me with a mailing address.

Ranchero_65
February 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Pat Thanks for your kind offer but I have a QT that will be here Mon. I found that Caswell Plating has it for $38 a QT . I feel that by brushing it on I wouldn't have to tape up as much as I would by using a spray can .

redfalken
February 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hey Pat...save a little bit for me! I do plan on finishing my cylinder head one of these days and want to paint some on the trough.

Here's a shot of the center section after I painted it. I'm not sure what they used originally but it looks pretty close.

Luva65wagon
February 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hey all, I have more than a full quart left after I did the inside of my truck engine (yes, it seemed to have multiplied). It's pricy stuff and I'm sure I'll never use it all, so feel free to ask if -- anyone needs some. I'll squeeze some out for you.

pbrown
February 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Hey Pat...save a little bit for me! I do plan on finishing my cylinder head one of these days and want to paint some on the trough.

I'll have it whenever you're ready. It getting to be car season again so get to working on that head.