PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The FalconForum

pbrown
October 9th, 2006, 07:20 PM
This is our new home on the world wide web. Have a look around and see how you like the place. Kenny and I will be making improvements and adding new features as time permits. Be sure to register (http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/register.php) to see all the features.

redfalken
October 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Sweet! :cool: And I get to be the first to use a smilie!

Thanks a bunch for all your help Pat. I have a lot of ideas for the graphics but don't know much about cascading style sheets. Hopefully I can find some help.

Speaking of help, I talked a friend who digitizes artwork for embroidery machines into cleaning up the club logo. When we get something to show everyone, I'll post it in a new thread. Then we'll have some artwork to get sewn onto jackets and shirts. That's part of what my wife does for work so we will get some great prices. We can also get our logo on just about anything. Coolies, key chains, hats, chamois...you name it.

So who's the next to register??? :rolleyes:

Jeff W
October 9th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Nice work you two. If I can figure this out, anyone can. I just need to work on that... picture thing.

Jeff Watson

Alsprint
October 10th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Way to go guys this is a huge leap into the future!!! :D I took the day off to continue the never ending resto of my winged bird. Some day it will hit the road flying! I think i need a auto roisserie this thing has got out of hand! Anyone have one? Al

Jerry Kirby
October 10th, 2006, 09:38 AM
However do we have a tutorial for the cyber challenged?:eek:

redfalken
October 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
However do we have a tutorial for the cyber challenged?:eek:

Welcome everyone! The best thing to get you started would be to read the FAQ page. Click on the "Home" link on the left side of the bar across the top and then in the left column you will see a "FAQ" link. Click on any of the links near the bottom and read through the questions.

It can be a little challanging at first but if you're able to restore a 40+ year old car...this will be a piece of cake...;)

Also feel free to ask specific questions here and we'll try to help out.

MacDee
October 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Great to see this forum up and running. Now if I could just come up with something to say...:rolleyes:

Sedanman
October 10th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Great going, guys! Now I have another excuse to hang out at the library computer while obnoxious teens surround me. I have to get my comptuer fixed so I can go home and spend sleepless nights on the forum :D

Thor

Luva65wagon
October 10th, 2006, 10:38 PM
OK guys... what's the scoop here.:confused: I'm finally getting to have a look around and get things set up. Do you have to be an admin to get to use pics in your signature? I tried to figure out how to do similar to Kenny and Patrick, but it says I don't have those privileges.:( Unless I'm missing something here?

Luva65wagon
October 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
It also doesn't appear as though I can add an avatar either. This option is there, but I can't see a way to change anything.

redfalken
October 11th, 2006, 12:35 AM
You know how us administrators like to be special :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what's going on. I looked in the avatar manager section of the control panels and it seems everyone has permission. Maybe Pat knows???

Nathan289
October 11th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Too cool guys...:cool:
Makes me wish I didnt live on the "other" side of the mountains..
I really want to par-take in all the coolness..

Let me know how I can help if at all..

Nathan

pbrown
October 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
It also doesn't appear as though I can add an avatar either. This option is there, but I can't see a way to change anything.

I found the problem with the avatars and fixed it. Try it again.

pbrown
October 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
OK guys... what's the scoop here.:confused: I'm finally getting to have a look around and get things set up. Do you have to be an admin to get to use pics in your signature? I tried to figure out how to do similar to Kenny and Patrick, but it says I don't have those privileges.:( Unless I'm missing something here?

Roger,

Signature photos have been enabled. Try once more. There are no animated signature pix allowed.

Luva65wagon
October 11th, 2006, 06:29 PM
OK, sorry to be a PITA, but 2 KB picture for the sig is like non-existent. I checked both Patrick's and Kenny's to get a feel for what their's is, and they are far bigger than 2 KB. I can't figure a way to get a 500x100 pic to go below 20kb. Help!:eek:

Kenny's is 8.62 KB and Patrick's is 6.92 KB (according to Photoshop).

pbrown
October 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
OK, sorry to be a PITA, but 2 KB picture for the sig is like non-existent. I checked both Patrick's and Kenny's to get a feel for what theirs is, and they are far bigger than 2 KB. I can't figure a way to get a 500x100 pic to go below 20kb. Help!:eek:

Kenny's is 8.62 KB and Patrick's is 6.92 KB (according to Photoshop).

Pick pick. I upped the limits for your usergroup. It should be fine now.

Sedanman
October 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM
This is great, guys- nice work Kenny and Pat! I noticed in the Member's list on the main page that there are pics of Gary's and Al's cars- are all of the pics from the old page going to be transferred over? Kenny has the only decent digital pic of my car as either he or Roger doctored it up a bit so I don't have it myself. Also, is there a way that one of you can add it to my profile so it appears when I post?

Thor

pbrown
October 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM
This is great, guys- nice work Kenny and Pat! I noticed in the Member's list on the main page that there are pics of Gary's and Al's cars- are all of the pics from the old page going to be transferred over? Kenny has the only decent digital pic of my car as either he or Roger doctored it up a bit so I don't have it myself. Also, is there a way that one of you can add it to my profile so it appears when I post?

I'll work with Kenny on that. Anyone can send a photo to me or Kenny and we can edit it to fit this forum.

Sedanman
October 11th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Cool- and this place has fast service, too!

Luva65wagon
October 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM

Thor

Thor,

I edited a picture and I'm pretty sure I sent it to Kenny. If it got lost, I still have it and can resend it.

And now I can get a signature photo too, now that we don't have to try to make them 2K. Thanks for taking care of that Patrick.:)

redfalken
October 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Check the memberlist now Thor. I figured out how to add a photo to your profile.

Sedanman
October 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks, Kenny! What the heck's an avatar?

I just filled some information into my profile. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to expand on this either in the member's list or somewhere else on the site in the future. I'm not puting the current setup down as I was thinking about this before the new site went up. I think it would be cool to have a larger space to tell about yourself and have a picture with the owner and thier car- see this website to understand what I'm talking about. http://www.hellsbellescarclub.com/ This would allow those who don't make it to the meetings to know who they are talking to online. Or, I suppose this could just be done in the thread for posting pictures!

redfalken
October 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM
The avatar is the small image to the left of your username at the top of your posts. Mine is the man next to the car. You can get an image off the web or come up with something yourself. It's limited to 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

There's a supplemental program you can buy that has a photo gallery so we may get that later if there's enough in the budget. For now, we may be able to add some places in the member's profiles to put additional info and allow the biography field to have more space to type.

pbrown
October 13th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I just added 36 generic Avatars that members can choose from. Go to http://www.avatarist.com/ if you don't see anything that you like and upload it.

pbrown
October 13th, 2006, 08:26 AM
I changed the Bio field to have more data area. Anyone can add to that in the user profile area. Click on "My Account" from the home page.

Sedanman
October 13th, 2006, 12:43 PM
You guys are awesome :) While we're on a roll, is there a way I can take take the picture of my car from the members list and add it to my profile so it show's when I post like you guys have done?

I've posted an event in the upcoming events forum, but can't seem to put it on the calender. Can one of you guys with high security clearance please add it as an ongoing event when you have a chance? Thanks!