PDA

View Full Version : Falcons on film/tv

Luva65wagon
November 26th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Hey all, I just thought I'd start a thread on Falcon sightings. So anytime you all see one, post it here.

1) In the movie Silent Hill (1 out of 5 stars, by the way... if that) there was a 4-door round body in less than sad shape shown.

2) Last Sunday on the Amazing Race the contestants were in the Ukraine and had to drive these old Russian made cars and there are the two "Miss Some State" girls competing and one said - "Oh, such cool old retro cars! I used to have a '64 Falcon!"

redfalken
November 26th, 2006, 11:02 PM
My favorite is in "Walk the Line" when Johnny Cash's drug dealer pulls up in a nice `65 Ranchero.

MacDee
November 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM
We just bought the DVD of Cars, the PIXAR animated movie about Lightning McQueen, a NASCAR stocker on a quest for the "Piston Cup." In the special features, there's a short feature that includes producer/director John Lassiter's trip down Route 66 in his motor home to do research for the movie. As you may have read (Road and Track) he towed along his '62 (I think) Falcon on that trip. You get a really short glimps of it in the piece.

And of course the obvious...
Brad Pitt drives a '63 convertable in Ocean's Twelve. Unfortunately it gets blown up in the sequel.:(

Falcon13
December 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Lets not Forget the Falcon in Better Off Dead

Roudy

Sedanman
December 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM
If you watch NYPD blue reruns, watch out for a white '63 convertible being towed down the street towards the camera as they either fade out to/fade in from commercials. They don't show it every time but did show it regularly when it was on primetime.

Falcon13
December 28th, 2006, 06:17 PM
In the movie That thing You Do there are a few falcons in the Lake Erie scenes. I was Supposed to be that shoot, it was filmed where I used to live in Sothern California but work called me in.

Roudy

Sedanman
December 28th, 2006, 06:32 PM
My falcon was filmed in a couple of episodes of a crime show called "Case Closed" in the mid 90's. The show was hosted by Stacy Keach in LA, but the production company I worked for on Mercer Island filmed all of the crime scene re-enactments. One of these days I'll get my VHS tapes transferred to DVD so I can put them online or print out photos. It was also filmed for an episode of "Bill Nye the Science Guy" but got cut before airing.

MacDee
January 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
We rented a DVD of the first season of Mr. Ed. For you younger folks on the list, Mr. Ed was a TV series about a talking horse (Mr. Ed) that aired back in the early '60's. In the eleventh episode, there is one scene in which Mr. Ed is getting himself a bath at a car wash and you can see a Falcon station wagon parked across the street. This is really quite remarkable since Studebaker sponsored the show, as I recall (dating myself...), and they went to great lengths to display only Studebakers in any of the scenes that included automobiles.

Sedanman
January 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM
This is bringing up another memory. I remember seeing an episode of the Andy Grifith show where his aunt pull's up in a '64 convertable - I'm pretty sure it was a sprint and had wire wheel covers. I can't remember for sure if the show was in color or not, but I want to say the car was either champagne (or sometimes called dust rose) or ivy green or gold.

Alsprint
March 3rd, 2007, 09:53 AM
I was watching Wednesdays episode of Jeraco and saw the front end shot of a 63 falcon. It was a close up so I didnt see what body type it was. Al

Luva65wagon
March 5th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I was watching Wednesdays episode of Jeraco and saw the front end shot of a 63 falcon. It was a close up so I didnt see what body type it was. Al

I watch this too and saw that.

Jeff W
April 5th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Last night (4-4-07) on the Speed Channel show, "Pinks" - A Falcon, unfortunatly lost to a Datsun 280Z. The Falcon lost all three races. In that show, if you lose the race, you loose your ride. It least the Datsun owner now has a car he can be proud of... his new Falcon.

Sedanman
February 25th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I DVR'd "Do that thing you do" last week and finally got to watch it last night. It's a film my Tom Hanks about a small town Beattles-esque 60's rock band. Just in the opening credits I saw a white '64 Comet Cyclone and a dark blue '64 Futura/Sprint hardtop crusing down the road. There's also the front end of a gold '64 Comet visible through the window in one of the appliance store scenes, and a '65 Mustang TV commercial running on the tv at the main character's parents' home later in the movie. It's a fun movie anyhow, so I reccomend checking it out!

Sedanman
December 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Okay, check this one out; fast forward past the intro and you'll see Rock Hudson in a '63 futura convert. Watch all the way through and there's a '61 futura too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3fYDQYltc

68FalconSC
January 21st, 2010, 07:43 PM
There is a '64/'65 {not sure which yr} Sprint convertable that is Silver with a white top in an episode of "Charmed". It appears to have been "owned" by the girls' Mom or Grams. It is from Season 1, episode "That 70's episode", original airdate: April 7, 1999. :banana:

redfalken
February 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I was checking out the cable menu and saw "The Lottery Changed My Life" on TLC. I wouldn't normally have watched it but I did for some reason. There was a guy who won $62.8 million in a lottery and took a 25.8 million dollar lump sum payout. He is an auto mechanic named Phillip and one car he was showing off was a `65 Sprint they said was valued at $21,000.

Nice to see a multimillionaire with good taste in cars!

Nathan289
March 3rd, 2010, 09:01 AM
I watched the first few minutes of desert heat last night on USA aand there was a 63 futura parked under a tree that was in sorry shape..

then i went to bed it appeared to be a lame movie

Nathan

pbrown
March 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Watched Taking Woodstock. A Falcon is featured throughout the film.

Nathan289
March 3rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Don't forget ocean 11 and 12 brad pit drives a 63 convertible that gets blown up in ocean 12.

The bruce lee movie has his wife driving a 61 four door station wagon.

Nathan

Dalton
March 19th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Theres a show on the discovery channel called overhauling and they have an episode where they totally redo a 63 falcon. Its something worth checking out and im watching it right now.:)

Luva65wagon
March 20th, 2010, 10:21 PM
That is still probably the only episode of Overhaulin' I haven't seen. I ought to search for that episode and see if I can record it.

Davemutt
March 26th, 2010, 08:40 AM
There's a movie from the late '80s or early '90s Called "Summer School" with Mark Harmon. He drives a '64 or '64 convertible and I think it gets quite a bit of screen time. A fairly bland movie if I remember right - I haven't seen it in years.

JimG
April 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
You've all probably watched this before, but I enjoy it every now and then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkozQCsQIKI

BillP 98201
April 6th, 2010, 09:25 AM
My cousin sent me this link the other day. It is awesome!
Talk about a car lover! Hope this is the right thread for it.

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html (http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/romancing-the-road-259598.html)

Luva65wagon
April 10th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Two great video's.

Would love a Falcon that fast... and that tight. Loved watching the shots where you could see the cars in the rear view mirror getting dropped.

I've seen that lady on TV as well as uTube before. Great story. "Oh, here's my lifetime warranty on my shock absorbers.. and I'm on my third free set." That's great stuff. No doubt it costs an arm and leg to keep that stock AC unit charged... but somehow... I bet it works. I didn't know they made a 4-door Caliente though (sp?). I had a buddy in High School with a hardtop and I've seen two other hardtops, but this is the first 4-door. I just searched and they are far more rare than 2 door versions.

MacDee
May 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
We just watched an HBO movie about Temple Grandin, an autistic scientist who revolutionized progressive livestock production, and also the understanding of autism. It practically FEATURED Ford Falcons. It takes place in the mid-to-late 1960's, and in the movie Temple's mother drives a beautiful '63 station wagon. There were a couple of other scenes where you can get a glimpse of a round-body Ranchero and another sedan.
Makes me wonder if the producer, or someone in the crew, is a card-carrying FCA member!
It was a really good movie, too!

redfalken
November 4th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I guess this is sort of a Falcon on film?! This popped up on Facebook. Salem, OR.

ew1usnr
November 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
The "Gas Monkeys" on the TV show "Fast n' Loud" bought a Deluxe 1961 two-door sedan with bench seats and a 144 motor with only 8500 miles on it for $5000. They had it delivered from out of state for $1300. They got it to start and flipped it for $8000, unrestored.

They gave the car a nice discussion and said that it was a favorite of Robert MacNamara and the Father of the Mustang. They described it as sporty, as Ford's first compact, and a favorite of hot rodders.

It was a pleasant surprise to see a little Falcon being spoken of so positively on a car collector's show. Look at all the positive comments people posted about it: https://www.facebook.com/GasMonkeyGarage/posts/621018224588182

This is odd. They sold it on the TV show, for $8000, and I see it on this e-bay post as having sold for $9,300. Maybe the buyer on the show welched on his deal.
See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Ford-Falcon-Time-Capsule-8242-Original-Miles-Offered-by-Gas-Monkey-Garage-/290985039028?viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEF%3AMOTORS%3A1123&forcerRptr=true&item=290985039028&nma=true&si=%252F0sYmCbrHwUkpytuIATX8Ll8ndM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Ford-Falcon-Time-Capsule-8242-Original-Miles-Offered-by-Gas-Monkey-Garage-/290985039028?viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEF%3AMOTORS%3A1123&forcerRptr=true&item=290985039028&nma=true&si=%252F0sYmCbrHwUkpytuIATX8Ll8ndM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557)

"... This 1961 Falcon takes you back to time when having a set of wheels meant having the freedom to hit the open road and explore all that this great Country has to offer!"

Yea! I'm ready to go!

Also see: http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/the-show/

redfalken
November 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I saw that episode too. I thought the $8000 was reaching to the high side but it with only 8,200 miles it wasn't not totally out of line for a garaged, one-owner. And it still had the "little old lady" plastic seat covers over the original upholstery since it was new! Also it was a tudor, mostly original paint, radio delete, and I really like that trim package. I think that's the only year it was available.

Luva65wagon
November 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I record this show and saw it. In fact Kenny asked about cam break-in on John's thread and the just dealt with a bad cam break-in on a Mustang Shelby.

But yeah, this Falcon was seen on the rack on the episode a week earlier and I was hoping they did a real build on it - but was just a flip.

doghows
January 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Was watching the movie "that thing you do" and it was a parade of falcons. I think I watched it just for the cars!!

ew1usnr
January 12th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Was watching the movie "that thing you do" and it was a parade of falcons. I think I watched it just for the cars!!

I looked up a description on Amazon. I like music-centered movies and ordered a VHS copy for one cent (plus $3.99 s/h): "Tom Hanks's debut as a writer and director is a lively, affectionate account of the shooting-star career of a forgotten (fictional) '60s pop-rock band called The Wonders--as in "one-hit wonders." Hanks plays the manager of the group. The movie traces their meteoric rise and fall, from cutting their first record, to going on tour with a Phil Spector/Motown-type revue, to the internal tensions that lead to the band's disintegration, which comes when they fail to follow up their smash hit single, "That Thing You Do!" And that song, by the way, is so catchy it would definitely have been a hit in 1964--and deserves to be one today. This delightful movie would make a great double-bill with Allison Anders's wonderful Grace of My Heart. --Jim Emerson

Grace of My Heart was described as "An homage to the Brill Building era (the late 1950s to the early 1970s) of pop-music glory. Illeana Douglas plays a singer-songwriter (loosely modeled after Brill recording artist Carole King) whose life runs emotionally parallel to popular music trends. John Turturro is a stand-in for "wall of sound" producer Phil Spector and Matt Dillon is a thinly disguised version of maverick Beach Boy Brian Wilson. It's a lively and loving tribute to timeless music and the colorful characters who created it. --Jeff Shannon"

That sounded good also, so I ordered a 50-cent VHS copy.

As a point of trivia, producer Phil Spector was convicted of murder about a year ago. He said that a woman committed suicide in his house but a jury said that he shot her.

MacDee
January 13th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Hey, I HAVE that movie on DVD! The downtown scenes in the early minutes were shot, as it turns out, in my home town: Orange, CA.
I'll need to watch it again... and stay alert for Falcons!

Luva65wagon
January 14th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Saw this movie during the holiday break and it had a square-body Falcon as one of the cars being used by the "police" (those doing the job of policing, anyway). Very bizarre movie about two worlds looking above and below each other. Very good movie though, in an odd sort of way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1374992/

doghows
January 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I saw that one but zoned out on the car hmmm. Guess il have to watch that one again.

ew1usnr
February 25th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Rods N' Wheels Episode: "Falcon Flip", Season 1, Episode 5, on Discovery Channel

"Episode Synopsis: A 1959 Volkswagen Beetle and a 1963 Falcon Spirit are featured. Original Air Date: Feb 24, 2014"

(The description that I cut and pasted said "Falcon Spirit")

They completely built a Falcon from an empty shell and said that it was a Sprint. They went on and on and on about how finding parts for the Falcon was a huge, nearly nearly impossible task.

doghows
February 25th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I watched that last night and thought to myself " what a bunch of dumbasses" I hate when shows do this to cars. I'm into early Broncos as well and TV has driven the prices of those so high your average Joe Schmo can't afford one.
I hope it doesn't do the same to all these old cars, it's making our hobby into a non- affordable hobby.
Hopefully most of that was staged for TV. I like the shows just some dumbass stuff being done.

Plus 302 dual quad engine, aluminum radiator, etc,etc. and they called it STOCK!!!:WHATTHE:

Luva65wagon
March 15th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Saw a preview for this Monday's episode of Fast and Loud that Aaron gets a 63 Falcon race car. Should be interesting, but I doubt he'll mount the emblem upside down.

Also, for those interested, Overhaulin' begins a new season on the 23rd of March. Always interesting to see what gets done there. As long as they don't start cursing and bleeping every 30 words, it's still a show I enjoy.

doghows
March 17th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Fast and Loud 63 Falcon build.... Cool :rocker::3g:

Luva65wagon
March 18th, 2014, 09:55 AM
It was actually a pretty good episode. Was apparently a pretty famous car (though I didn't recognize the builder) and they did a pretty decent build on it. Wasn't liking so much the big light-bar in the front, but I suppose it serves its purpose. Not sure if people can watch this stuff on-line or not, but might be worth checking.

Wilbur
July 5th, 2014, 10:44 PM
We rented a DVD of the first season of Mr. Ed. For you younger folks on the list, Mr. Ed was a TV series about a talking horse (Mr. Ed) that aired back in the early '60's. In the eleventh episode, there is one scene in which Mr. Ed is getting himself a bath at a car wash and you can see a Falcon station wagon parked across the street. This is really quite remarkable since Studebaker sponsored the show, as I recall (dating myself...), and they went to great lengths to display only Studebakers in any of the scenes that included automobiles.

Mister Ed is one of my favorite shows along with the movie series Francis the Talking Mule!!

I've never seen the episode with the Falcon but I'll keep my eyes out for it :-)

Wilbur
July 5th, 2014, 10:50 PM
I don't know which episode but I will try and find it, but the OLD tv series from the 1970's, HAWAII FIVE-0 there is an episode with a car chase featuring a 1966 or a 1967 Falcon two door, it's a desert sand color, I watched that over and over as that model is among my favorite styles for the Falcon.

You will also see plenty of Falcons in The Andy Griffith Show with Sheriff Taylor and Barney Fife. A few to several Falcons per show and sometimes they highlight a really nice one like the 1965 Falcon convertible I saw with a 289 motor.

BETTER OFF DEAD from the 1980's with John Cusack had a four door Falcon that was always racing everybody. The car appears a few to several times throughout this 80's comedy film, it's also a good film to enjoy.

I was just enjoying a few moments of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN and there is a 1963 Falcon convertible, Season 1, disk 1, side 2, there don't seem to be titles but it is the second or third episode, regardless, it's the episode where Uncle Martin needs to find a rare element called "Glink" and he and Tim go on a picnic with a pretty neighbor and her brother. The Falcon gets a fair amount of air time, as a matter of fact I've seen Falcons in many episodes of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN.

ew1usnr
August 16th, 2014, 04:53 PM
See the trailer: http://www.amazon.com/Appeared-English-Subtitled-Javier-Pereira/dp/B007228AJ2/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1408232544&sr=1-2&keywords=the+appeared

Bacckground: July 1963: Last 1963 ½ Falcons produced. The dies were then shipped to Argentina.
The opening scene shows a round body Falcon station wagon.

The brother and sister find an old diary stuck up inside the rear quarter panel of the Falcon station wagon. The diary describes a murder and hey, the two people that were killed had the same names as we do! And, hey! They were staying in the same hotel room number that we have! What could go wrong?

Wikipedia says: Siblings Malena (Ruth DÃ*az) and Pablo (Javier Pereira) have decided to set out on a road trip to allow Pablo to discover more about their father, who is on life support. Their destination is the old family home in Argentina and initially the trip is fairly mundane. This all changes when Pablo discovers an old journal hidden within their car. The journal details a series of gruesome crimes and Pablo pushes for the two of them to travel to the various landmarks and places described in the journal while they are on their road trip. They end up stopping for the night at a hotel detailed in the journal, where the Lenonadi family was brutally slaughtered. Pablo and Malena take the room adjacent to the room the Lenonadis met their deaths and are horrified to overhear a spiritual reenactment of the murders. The siblings decide to flee but Pablo forgets the book and must return to retrieve it. This nearly ends with Pablo's death and when he has reached safety Pablo notices that some of the details in the book have changed, making him wonder if it is possible for him to change the past. However as they travel Pablo finds that his quest to discover more about his father is bringing both siblings revelations that they are ill prepared to deal with.

The movie is Spanish with English subtitles, but did I mention the round body Falcon wagon?

Jeff W
January 4th, 2015, 10:27 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o4lIxfjzE3Q

I know YouTube is stretch from TV or Movie... but this 2door wagon deserves to be seen

Luva65wagon
January 5th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Very cool wagon. Real sleeper. Amazed he can make it hook up with those skinny tires.

I have seen a couple [rerun] episodes this weekend of a program called "Dallas Car Sharks" and they did a 62 Ranchero on one and a 64 Futura hardtop turned race car in the very next episode. They sold the race car at the end for $29.5K to pay down hospital bills for the wife of the owner of the shop.

ew1usnr
January 5th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Here is a really nice song by Rod Picott singing "65 Falcon", but the video shows a 1963 Falcon.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EXp6TfR80Q

Check this song on YouTube called "Ford Falcon" by Chris Ramsay and The Febs.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9STJA7ScQ7M

Here is Merisa Anderson singing "Ford Falcon".

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isDXRLCa23s

BadBird
January 5th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Cool video and I just saw the video that Jeff showed with the 62 Wagon. Wow, what a great run. He had to have street slicks to get them to ripple the way they did on the start. I want to drag race my 64 so baddddddddd.

Jeff W
January 20th, 2015, 12:30 PM
This is more of an educational film... but amazing non-the-less.

Steam Powered Falcon!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017239141

ew1usnr
March 16th, 2015, 04:18 PM
This 1984 magazine shows Jimmy Buffets' Falcon. It says: "What car for a man who can afford almost anything?"

He sold it in 2007.
See: http://www.buffettworld.com/2007/01/14/ford-falcon-previously-owned-by-jimmy-on-ebay/

Here is Ginger Rogers and Caesar Romero with a 1960 Falcon. Look at the expression on the kid in the back seat.

doghows
March 16th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately the Buffet car was destroyed in a fire at a car lot in Florida last year! It was on that TV show south beach classics. Bummer. :(

Luva65wagon
March 17th, 2015, 07:57 AM
I saw that episode too - but I swore the picture I saw was a 64/5 square body. Just did a search and they are showing a square body they (Jimmy or the daughter) called Rita. So I'd say that's as weird as that TV show South Beach Classics.

[AGREE]

I'll never forget the statement the host-wife Robin made when she called the host-husband Ted, who was out of state at a car auction when the fire occurred:

"It's just so convenient you're away while I have to deal with this..."

SmithKid
March 17th, 2015, 11:19 AM
That's OK. She's blonde and attractive. Therefore: a good TV personna.

doghows
March 17th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Yup just watched it again on my TVo. It was. 64-65 red bodied car and they said the daughters car? Maybe he had two of them?:o

ew1usnr
April 28th, 2016, 07:48 PM
In the 1961 movie "The Absent Minded Professor", Fred Macmurray attached "flubber" to his Model T ford and made it fly:

But ... I noticed that his "regular" car that was parked outside his garage was a ... 1960 Ford Falcon! Not to detract from Model T's, but he should have attached the flubber to his Falcon!

If I had a Model T, I would drive it to and from work everyday. And I would start it with its hand crank!

dhbfaster
April 28th, 2016, 08:48 PM
I loved that movie.

ew1usnr
May 18th, 2017, 03:50 AM
I was watching the Tampa local news this morning and they showed a 1962 or 1963 Falcon being stopped for speeding. It wasn't me!

Police cracking down on excessive speeding at troubled intersection
114 tickets issued in 3 hours at intersection. Ryan Smith, 11:24 PM, May 17, 2017

See: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-polk/lakeland/police-cracking-down-on-excessive-speeding-at-troubled-intersection

Gitanesteel
May 18th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Not exactly why you want your Falcon on tv. :NERVOUS:

dhbfaster
May 18th, 2017, 07:14 PM
That cop better think about what kind of brakes these cars have!

ew1usnr
June 18th, 2017, 05:49 PM
This article that mentions rear facing seats and shows an early 60's Falcon wagon. The tail lights look different, is it a Mercury? I didn't know that Falcon wagons ever had an extra seat in back.

See: http://www.aarp.org/auto/info-2016/classic-car-features-gone-not-forgotten.html?cmp=SL-DSO-OUTBRAIN-DESKTAB-AUTO-SLIDE-PV-DIVERS_Automobile+Features+Which+May+Be+Disappeari ng+Forever+%5BSlideshow%5D_0013532b1d9047f0d3d3483 b53d581f6df_0031376c038f7d3ee11bedd9dccbb16d5c#sli de2

pbrown
June 18th, 2017, 05:56 PM
This article that mentions rear facing seats and shows an early 60's Falcon wagon. The tail lights look different, and I didn't know that Falcon wagons ever had an extra seat in back.

See: http://www.aarp.org/auto/info-2016/classic-car-features-gone-not-forgotten.html?cmp=SL-DSO-OUTBRAIN-DESKTAB-AUTO-SLIDE-PV-DIVERS_Automobile+Features+Which+May+Be+Disappeari ng+Forever+%5BSlideshow%5D_0013532b1d9047f0d3d3483 b53d581f6df_0031376c038f7d3ee11bedd9dccbb16d5c#sli de2

That would be a 62 wagon in the photo based on the tail lights. I do remember growing up with a wagon with a rear facing seat back that but it wasn't a Falcon. I'm pretty sure the Falcon never had that option. That wouldn't have prevented parents from letting kids ride back there anyway. It was safer back then ;). We could never get away with that today.

ew1usnr
December 21st, 2017, 06:27 PM
This is a great review of a 1960 Falcon. I like the song at the very end: "She's automatic. So automatic. She just has two speeds." :)

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HNYtMTCxFI

Wilbur
December 22nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
This is a great review of a 1960 Falcon. I like the song at the very end: "She's automatic. So automatic. She just has two speeds." :)

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HNYtMTCxFI

Thanks, that was fun to watch. I didn't think it would be good but after watching for a few minutes I could not take my eyes off the review! Makes me want to go out and buy another Falcon!!!!! :banana:

I know I mentioned once before here that if you like MY FAVORITE MARTIAN and you like Falcons, this is the episode to watch, plenty of '63 Falcon convertible scenes, especially at the 13 minute mark but best to watch the entire episode as the car appears in many scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6NRCfwpMrQ

dhbfaster
December 22nd, 2017, 06:42 PM
Yep, loved that.

Voodoofalcon
December 25th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Quick shot of a 64 in Roseanne season 1 episode 4

Millennial Falcon
February 23rd, 2020, 04:54 PM
I don’t think anyone mentioned this one yet!
This (‘61 i think) is from What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, its in the movie for a few minutes, mostly when going to and from the courthouse.
Just try not to laugh when you see it going down the street with a wicked gangster lean. It’s uh.... more due to a weight imbalance than any modifications.

Voodoofalcon
February 25th, 2020, 05:51 PM
Spotted a nice 65 Hardtop

MacDee
February 27th, 2020, 07:40 PM
In the movie Ford v Ferrari there is a scene with a whole factory full of "new" 1963 falcons. We watched the extras and learned that they searched the whole country, found and bought twenty-something Falcons, and restored them all. Some were completed and others were just restored bodies to represent incomplete cars on the line. Seemed like they were all blue, and all were either two-door sedans or coupes. I wonder if they're for sale...?

Luva65wagon
February 27th, 2020, 10:44 PM
They've been for sale a while, I guess, and I just saw a post on Facebook where the last 4 "unfinished" cars were for sale at $2500 ea.

On another Falcon on TV note I just watched the latest episode of Iron Resurrection on MotorTrend TV and a guy was building a couple Falcons amid a bunch of other Fords. The show hosts were actually looking for Chevy II parts, and this guy had one outside. The one show host guy, named Shag, said to him "I see a new Ford here" (waving his hand over the Chevy) indicating he could get a new Ford if he sold them this Chevy. He did.