PDA

View Full Version : 61 futura

Nathan289
April 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi guys,
I've use some spare time to use some old parts that i had laying around..
Hope you guys enjoy.

61 futura
170 3 speed. granada fronts and mavrick rear with Crown Vic discs. I'm going to try a corvette MC and see how that goes..

Nathan

pbrown
April 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Lookin' good. The Corvette MC has a different bolt spacing than the Ford. You'll need to oval the holes a bit to get it on there. You could probably use a Ford MC if you remove the factory residual pressure valve from the rear brake port.

Get it ready for regionals in Salem OR.

Nathan289
April 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Pat,

Thanks for the tip on the Mc. I knew about the corvette needing to have the holes ovaled..

Which Ford Mc would you suggest, and how do you remove the residual valve?

Nathan

Nathan289
June 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Here are some new pictures at a car show a couple of weeks ago.
There was one other falcon in attendence.. i didn't get pictures of it though.. I did give them a flyer for the regional..

Nathan

pbrown
June 29th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Here are some new pictures at a car show a couple of weeks ago.
There was one other falcon in attendence.. i didn't get pictures of it though.. I did give them a flyer for the regional..

Nathan

Nice. I think the rear end needs to be dropped about an inch. But that is just me.

Nathan289
June 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM
the car is parked on a downward slope.. I'll post a pic of the other side it looks worse..

I agree pat, but when I lowered the rear 1" the rear tires would rub on corners with 2 kids in the back seat..
So back to stock ride height it went..

Maybe if I add a larger front sway bar the body wont roll and I can lower the rear again..

Nathan

pbrown
June 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
the car is parked on a downward slope.. I'll post a pic of the other side it looks worse..

I agree pat, but when I lowered the rear 1" the rear tires would rub on corners with 2 kids in the back seat..
So back to stock ride height it went..

Maybe if I add a larger front sway bar the body wont roll and I can lower the rear again..

Nathan

Add poly bushings to the rear springs. That really helped my side to side movement.

I also modified the rear lip to allow bigger tires. You can see it in August.

Nathan289
June 29th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Pat,
I'll have to add the bushings..
I've modded the rear wheel lip as well.
It rubs about 3 inches up from the lip in the tub of the wheel well..
What I realy need to do is adjust the width of my wheel adapters, but that is a whole other issue.

Nathan

pbrown
June 29th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Pat,
I'll have to add the bushings..
I've modded the rear wheel lip as well.
It rubs about 3 inches up from the lip in the tub of the wheel well..

Nathan

I also had stiffer five leaf springs made with a 1" drop built in and have my rear end narrowed 1" from stock (55" wheel to wheel)

Nathan289
June 29th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Very cool.

Next winter I may pull the rear and have it shortened.
Everything was fine and dandy until I added the rear disc brakes..
Everything ended up adding.250" to each side..

Oh-well it stops on a dime and was a fairly easy swap to complete.. I even got the stock e-brake set-up to work with the crown vic e-brake cables.

Nathan

pbrown
June 29th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Oh-well it stops on a dime and was a fairly easy swap to complete.. I even got the stock e-brake set-up to work with the crown vic e-brake cables.

Nathan

Nice! What MC did you go with?

Nathan289
June 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Corvette unit using a 67 mustang drum brake pedal rod.

Nice firm pedal with no wheel lock up.. I think the car stops before the wheels can lock up..

Lot of clamping force for a light car..

Nathan