PDA

View Full Version : 2008 FCA Pacific Regional - 8/16 - Salem, OR

redfalken
April 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I hope nobody minds but I wanted to start a new thread on the upcoming regional show. We have one going to discuss the planning of the BBQ we are sponsoring but I didn't want to hijack it too much with other topics.

So this thread is for more general discussions of the event. Maybe coordinating a caravan? Pat and I will probably drive down together (not sure when just yet) and anyone who wants is welcome to join us.

The hotel has reserved a block of rooms at a special price and they have it in their system so you can make your reservations anytime. I invite you to visit the website for more information and then come back here to discuss anything you want.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/08regional.html

I think it's important we make a good showing and represent the club so please consider going if you can. It's about a 4-hour drive from Seattle and this is the furthest north it's ever been.

Hope to see you there!

cometcougar
April 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Hi. Thanks for the information and website link. I have passed on the information to a family member of mine who has a 1964 Falcon convertible that has been in the family since it was brand new. He lives very near to Salem, so I'm hoping he'll be able to be there.

Would I be correct in assuming (after reading the website), that a Comet could register for this too? As a Cougar owner, I know that the Mustang owners are sometimes nice enough to let their Mercury fraternal twin brethren tag along on events, but I'm relatively new to the Falcon/Comet side of the things, so I'm just not too sure how that works in this case yet.

Toolfool
April 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Comet are welcome......

John Guerini
Chairperson, 08 Pacific Regional

redfalken
April 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Agreed! I think Comets and Falcons make a great pair.

Ranchero_65
April 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hopefully I'll be over my heart ordeal and be able to make it to Salem and meet some of ya'll ..[thumb]

Sedanman
April 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hey - great new homepage design - I especially like the yellow '63 taildragger! I may very well be Falconless by July, but I'll be there in spirit :)

amasterj
April 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I had been thinking that was a good target date to have my car ready, however I think it is a bit optimistic at this point. Being a paint contractor the market is very slow right now, which means more time but less money:( We shall see.

drowndrat
April 22nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Sounds like great fun! I'd like to join y'all,but I've got too many things going now,and I wouldn't trust the 'chero to go around the yard.:NERVOUS:
Maybe next year,I'll have it road worthy.

redfalken
April 22nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
If you decide you can spare some time, come on down without your Falcon. There will still be lots to look at and a BBQ! Salem is probably 3 hours from Tacoma so you could do it in a day.

Futura
May 12th, 2008, 08:34 AM
This is a reminder to make your hotel reservations if you a planning to attend the FCA Regional in Salem. There are a limited number of rooms at the Red Lion Hotel in Salem at a special rate. The hotel information is on the Regional registration form that can be downloaded from the home page of the Rainier Chapter's website.

Things are shaping up for the Regional and I hope there is a nice turnout of Northwesterners for this fun event!

Al Aiello
President
Sonoma County Falcons for Fun

redfalken
May 12th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'll be there! I made my reservations at the hotel last weekend. If you're planning on driving down, we encourage you to register as early as you can to help us plan. I also wanted to keep everyone up-to-date so here's an email I got from John G. a few days ago:

Show Location: Looks like I have made the reservations with wrong group at Powerland. Thanks to Bruce U. who pointed out that I should have made the reservation with the NW Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum not the main Powerland office. The NW Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum is located at Powerland but is an independent museum, They have a 2.5 acre field with grass, gazebo and trees. Looks like we will be able to use their facility, I'm waiting for final confirmation. I will need to change the FCA insurance from Powerland to the NWVC&MC Museum.

BBQ, Awards and Flyers: The Rainier guys have a good handle on the Regional BBQ and the Regional Awards are in process. Also the Rainer Club will be sending a flyer to Falcon/Comet owners in the Northwest.

Falcon Friday, Swap Meet: The Columbia Guys have Falcon Friday at Rock-n-Rogers Diner ready to go and will help with the BBQ equipment. Not swap spaces reserved yet.

Registration: We have 9 cars registered (SCFF -2 cars, Rainier - 3 cars, 4 cars for Columbia Club) as of 5/08.

Tee Shirts: Tee shirt and dash plaques are in process, working on the graphics.

Calif Chapters: The SCFF will have 5 cars and 2 additional attendee at the Regional. At this point there is no River City Chapter cars and the one car from the Golden Gate Chapter attending the Regional. I have not heard from any of the clubs down south or the Comet guy in northern California.

Sponsors: The Rainier Chapter will sponsor the Lady Choice Award. The Best of Show, Longest Driven and Oldest Falcon/Comet are still available @ $50 each. I have written to potential sponsor for the Tee Shirts, three spots available at $200 each.

FCA will be adding a regional article and the application to the June and July newsletters.

63RAPTOR
May 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
checkout www.falcon-comet.com (http://www.falcon-comet.com) homepage for flyer on friday night cruise-in

redfalken
May 12th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Very cool! You guys have a really nice website!

I'm looking forward to some chili cheese fries and a root beer :BEER:

Nathan289
May 15th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'll be at the Hotel Thursday night for any other early birds..
I'll have my Blue bird in attendence..
I'm so excited I can't sleep...

Looking forward to meeting everyone..

Nathan

61 futura (blue Bird)
62 ranchero
63 futura parts car
and possably a 64 wagon

Toolfool
May 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Kenny, Roger and Nanthan....

I'm trying to up-date the Calendar of Events and was wondering if you guy's want me to mention when you are leaving, from where, approx time and phone numbers so people can hook up with you.

I currently have a group leaving Thur and Fri from WA but I do not know from where, time or who will be leading.

Also, The show will be at The Northwest Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum at Powerland look for the Texaco sign.

Thanks, John

redfalken
May 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Pat Brown and I are leaving from the Ballard area on Friday morning. We haven't talked about a specific time yet but I'd like to leave in plenty of time to get there, settle in to the Red Lion and meet up for the dinner cruise. Maybe 9 or 10am??

Anyone else want to caravan from Seattle on that day/time? Seems so far away but it's really sneaking up on us!!

Nathan289
May 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
John,

I would like to help anyone that could use the help while I'm down there.

I'm leaving Froom Spokane, Wa Thursday Morning 8 am-ish. I plan on taking I-90 West to US 395 south through tri-cities to I-84 to I 82 to I-205 to I-5. I can caravan with anyone that is along my route.
I hope to arrive around 5pm hopefully earlier than that..(3pm ish)

I'll be towing my falcon, because I haven't owned it long enough to know if it will make the trip safely.. Still trying to finsh the brake swap...
My plan is to unload my car at the hotel and turn in the trailer in Salem and pick a trailer up before I leave..
I'll have a falcon and a truck in attendence...

I'll also be bringing a tool box...Any suggestions on proper tools or speciality tools I should bring?

So if anyone has a break down and needs tools, parts, a tow I can assist anyway i can..

I'll have my cell on me at all times.. 509-599-2484

I also will bring my cooler for the bbq.. it one of those big colman/igloo units that hold like 200 cans of soda..

If anything else is needed let me know.. I have lots of room to take stuff or people..

If anyone wants a ride that is along my route I can do that as well..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
May 31st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Pat Brown and I are leaving from the Ballard area on Friday morning. We haven't talked about a specific time yet but I'd like to leave in plenty of time to get there, settle in to the Red Lion and meet up for the dinner cruise. Maybe 9 or 10am??

Anyone else want to caravan from Seattle on that day/time? Seems so far away but it's really sneaking up on us!!

Kenny, I may be able to caravan along with you two. Are you taking only your car Kenny, or is (are you) Pat driving your car too?

Luva65wagon
May 31st, 2008, 06:37 PM
Nathan,

I suspect you'll be pretty busy that weekend. Chances are we can use your truck on the trip to Costco and getting the ice. So unless that's arranged elsewhere, you're offer I'm sure will be taken up...

As for tools, it's likely the things that may happen needing them will be under the hood or under the car. Typical things in August will be overheating and maybe brakes/wheel bearings/u-joints, so maybe bringing a small floor jack and a pair of jack stands if you've got them would be nice to have. I never travel without a tool box full of who knows what, so just bring what you're comfortable hauling and I'm certain between all who attend we'd be able to rebuild an entire car if we have to.

redfalken
May 31st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Kenny, I may be able to caravan along with you two. Are you taking only your car Kenny, or is (are you) Pat driving your car too?

We'll each be driving our own cars. I think it would be great to get as many going down together as possible. You just never know what excitement you'll have with an old car. Even if we get spread out we've got our cell phones.

We'll firm up the details a few weeks before the show.

Nathan289
May 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM
Guys,

Costco run in my truck is not a problem.. Big truck too.. plenty of room..[thumb]

Jack and jack stands are a given.. I have a 2 ton jack with stands that comes in a nice carring case.. easy to bring..
My tool box will be more of a chest.. full of SAE sockets in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2. shallow and deep. Gotta have wrenches, pliers, and what not..

Think a timing light, or any other specialty tools will be needed? feeler gauges are already a given..

Nathan

redfalken
May 31st, 2008, 11:00 PM
Here's something else to consider for the BBQ food. Someone from the area emailed and mentioned there's a Cash & Carry about 10 miles closer to where the show is than Costco. He says the meat locker is amazing -10lb boxes of patties in about 4-5 different sizes.

Has anyone eber been to a Cash & Carry? I'm wondering if they have other stuff like buns, potato salad, chips, etc.

Anyhow...just throwing that info on the table.

63RAPTOR
June 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah,they have all of that stuff,they're basically a restaurant supply house that sells to anyone that shows up.Google them-there are at least 4-5 of them in the seattle area.

Nathan289
June 2nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Is there any URMs in the area?
I live near a URM (I think it stands for united retail merchants, but not sure) and they are similar to Cash and carry. Infact they hosted my wedding last year..

They carry food and stuff like plates and cups... etc..

Nathan

Doesnt matter where we go really, I'll still help haul the food if I'm needed

redfalken
June 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Last week I mailed out 120 flyers I made promoting the regional (about 100 had another flyer enclosed for the Ford Fever Car Show that Dearborn had sent me). The addresses were taken from the FCA membership directory. Yesterday I just got the new 2008-09 directory and sent another 15 out that weren't on my original mailing list. Hopefully this will hit a few people who may not have heard about it before. These were just for members in Washington state.

So I would like to get a feel for who's definitely going from Washington. So far I know about:

Kenny (me)
Pat
Roger
Nathan

Anyone else have firm plans??

Nathan289
June 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Yeah

Nathan and wife representing the East Side:rocker:

Sorry I had to.. yippy one more post closer to the number one spot..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
June 17th, 2008, 04:45 PM
We'll probably start a thread specifically about the caravan, so any last minute additions can... at the last minute... post their interest in joining. That way we can just check the thread rather than pick it out from amidst the more general Regional related threads. I know as of right now there is Kenny, Patrick, and myself from this area. There may be others. I'm yet again behind, but the reason for that (the Mustang) has left the building and so now it's Falcon, Falcon, and nothing but the Falcon.

Nathan289
June 17th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Ok Mr. Thread Killer
who's going to be responsible for starting a new thread now that you've gone and killed this one?

Badda bing:BIRTHDAY: I had to.. not to mention it gets me one post closer to the top....

I can't wait for august to get here..

Nathan

Nathan289
June 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I got my stuff that I want accomplished before I go to Salem taped to the garage door.
Problem is I'm driving the car now and keep discovering or creating new things to fix..

My wife added a list below mine for stuff that needs to be done to the ranchero..
(get the ranchero back from paint next week)

Crap I'll never be done..

I printed a bunch of flyers, not as many as Kenny, but I printed some. I'll be attending car shows every other weekend from here on out and will drop flyers on any falcons, rancheros, and comets (oh My) that I see.

Nathan

redfalken
June 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks for helping to spread the word! I haven't even started my list yet but I need to get cracking. For me it's just little things I've let go. Need to get the cigar lighter going again, some front end work and an alignment, check the brakes, and get the paint shining. I'll do a general tune-up as well.

Luva65wagon
June 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Ok Mr. Thread Killer
who's going to be responsible for starting a new thread now that you've gone and killed this one?

Badda bing:BIRTHDAY: I had to.. not to mention it gets me one post closer to the top....

I can't wait for august to get here..

Nathan

Hallelujah- the spell has been broken!

Luva65wagon
June 18th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Or has it? We'll see.

Nathan289
June 19th, 2008, 11:08 PM
On a topic as important as this one I highly doubt that even Mr. Thread killer could kill it..

That is unless he's the last poster on this thread after the regional is over.

Nathan

redfalken
June 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
I tried the link but got a "Sorry, Forbidden" message.

63RAPTOR
June 23rd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Falcon Friday Dash Plaques

redfalken
June 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Very Cool!! :banana:

Nice job on the plaque! Looking forward to a great cruise and a burger!! And maybe some fries. OK, a shake too. But I should probably skip desert.

Nathan289
June 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
I want one

Where do I get one?:confused:

just kidding

Nathan

Luva65wagon
June 24th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Nice plaque. [thumb] Looking forward to adding one to my collection.

OK, maybe I'm from a different age or something, but I think it might be worth risking a thread killing by asking what Poodle Skirts are and whether I, as a guy, should be looking forward to these? :WHATTHE:

redfalken
June 24th, 2008, 11:17 AM
...what Poodle Skirts are and whether I, as a guy, should be looking forward to these? :WHATTHE:

It depends on who's wearing it! Remember "Happy Days"?

"A poodle skirt is one of the most memorable symbols of the 1950s. Postwar American women sought fashions that were feminine and unique. The poodle skirt provided the perfect style for the teenage girl. The wide swing felt skirt of a solid bold color displayed a design appliquéd or transferred to the fabric. The design was often a coiffed French poodle. Later substitutes for the poodle patch included flamingos, flowers, and hot rod cars."

Nathan289
June 24th, 2008, 11:36 AM
My wife is looking for the perfect poodle skirt to wear to car shows??
I keep telling her we don't have a 50's car and you need to find some 60's wear, whatever that may be??
I just installed my 8 track player so I'll have tunes to listen too on the cruise friday night:rocker:

Nathan

Luva65wagon
June 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM
8-track... cool [thumb] I remember still to this day certain songs transistioning in the middle of a song to the next track. And having to pull out the tape from the case and spinning it in such a way to get the tape retensioned inside. Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Robin Trower. Ah... Memories... That would be a cool add-on. Sorry I don't still have any I can give you.

Nathan289
June 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Roger,

Its kinda fun hobby with in a hobby.
I thought finding a vintage 8 track player for the car would be fun.. did that and found 4 extras..
Then started looking for tapes found a few and what more..
The wife thought 8 tracks were so cool that we found a player for the garage...
Now we need more tapes..

kinda a fun hobby..

Nathan

63RAPTOR
June 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Sadly, Goodwill Got The Last Of Mine A Few Months Ago

63RAPTOR
June 25th, 2008, 06:12 PM
WE WILL HAVE A DJ FOR FRIDAY NIGHT SO YOU WON'T BE TUNELESS:rocker:

Nathan289
June 25th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Is the Dj driving in front of the cruise line with speakers in the back of his truck?

Nathan

63RAPTOR
June 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM
:banana:WELL, WE'LL ALL BE PARKED IN FRONT OF ROCK-N-ROGERS
BUT YOU CAN CIRCLE THE LOT IF YOU WANT TO.....:shift:

Nathan289
June 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
isnt there a cruise to Rockin Rogers?

Thats where I'll need the tunes.. hope the d.j has big speakers in the back of a truck so we can all hear..

Nathan

63RAPTOR
June 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Yeah Its About A Block From The Hotel BIIIIIG SPEAKERS,no truck:bicker:

Nathan289
June 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Very Cool.

Didn't know Rockin Rogers was that close..

Nathan

justahairFalconloopy
June 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Roger,

Its kinda fun hobby with in a hobby.
I thought finding a vintage 8 track player for the car would be fun.. did that and found 4 extras..
Then started looking for tapes found a few and what more..
The wife thought 8 tracks were so cool that we found a player for the garage...
Now we need more tapes..

kinda a fun hobby..

Nathan

Nathan...if I make it down...I'll bring you some 'treasures":D

Rick

redfalken
July 2nd, 2008, 01:13 AM
I just got this update email from John Guerini of the Sonoma County Club. Since we're co-hosting I thought I'd pass it along to everyone. Just 6 weeks so if you're planning on going, get in your reservations to help our planning. Looks to be a fun weekend! I'm looking forward to a relaxing road trip and a fun weekend...

Hi, All

6 weeks to go ----- update on the regional.

Show Location:
The Northwest Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum Feild has been reserved.
Also, The Brook Historical Society will be sellling Coffee, Donuts and Snacks from 8am to about 1pm during the show as a fund raiser.

BBQ, Awards and Flyers
The Rainier guys have a good handle on the Regional BBQ and the Regional Awards are in process. Also, the Rainer Club has sent out flyers to FCA and other Falcon owners in WA and Canada. As a result we have 5 registration from non Club Members. Way to go Kenny and the Rainier guys!

Falcon Friday, Swap Meet
The Columbia Guys have Falcon Friday at Rock n Roger ready to go. Will help with the BBQ equipment. We have two swap space reserved to date. Hopefully, we will have a few peoplw show up the day of the show.

Registration
We have 20 registered (SCFF -4 cars+ 1 not car, GGFCA - 1 car, SoCal Chapter -1 car, Rainier - 3 cars, Columbia Club -5 cars, no club affilation -5 cars) as of today. We are expecting 3 more from the SCFF and GGFCA.

Tee Shirts:
Tee shirt and Dash Plaques are in process, I have attached the latest artwork which is close to the final version. the back of the shirt will have the 3 hosting chapter and the show sponsor logos.

Sponsors:
The Rainier Chapter will sponsor the Lady Choice Award. The Best of Show will be sponsor by the Columbia River Club, Longest Driven by the SCFF and Oldest Falcon/Comet are still available @ $50. Dearborn Classic and Falcon Interiors of Seattle, WA have sign up as show sponsor and will have there logo on the back of the tee shirt. I'm currently discussing with one additional company for the last tee shirt space.

Raffle:
We will be having a raffle at the show to benifit the Northwest Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum. I have already recieved about twenty prizes, If you guy want to collect some raffle prize from local companies great, but let me know so I can recognize there contribution in the shows program.

Other:
The SCFF is planning a special show memorabilia which will be given out ot all registered cars owners during the show.

I need help:
We need a couple of people to collect and count votes at the show this should only take an hour.
Also, I would like help to set up the raffle area and sell ticket. We will set-up between 10 and 11am and start raffling at 11:30am and drawing every hour after that till 2:30. Three people at 1 hour each would be great.

That's about it at this point.

Regards, John

Nathan289
July 2nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Very cool,

on a side note.. Kenny how do I become an offical member of RFC?

Nathan

redfalken
July 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Just head on over to the home page and in the left column there's a how to join link. I highly encourage everyone to join as we could use the money to keep the forum rolling and do lots of fun stuff! :BIRTHDAY:

pbrown
July 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
I just sent in my regionals registration.

Toolfool
July 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
As you guys may know the Dearborn has support the Pacific Regional and the Ford Fun Sunday in No Calif with may Raffle Gifts and Show Sponorships.

Trevor has made a very generous offer ...... I have cut and pasted it below.

Hey Guys:
Dearborn Classics would like to help boost club participation at the Falcon regional, so…
Dearborn Classics will give every person that comes to the Falcon regional our latest classic Ford color t-shirt with a Falcon on it FREE! (This is a 16.95 value)

This is kind of like getting a discount on the registration fee!

The sooner we get your registration the better we can plan the Regional.

Thanks, John

Luva65wagon
July 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
John,

Be sure to extend our gratitude to Trevor for making this gift to us. That was very kind of him and Dearborn.

Luva65wagon
July 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
I just sent in my regionals registration.

Hey Patrick, In case it's not already on your list of things to do, you ought to replace that image on the home page and the Regional page with the official one Kenny posted.

Luva65wagon
July 4th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Nice Patrick... grassyass.

Luva65wagon
July 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
So here we are - one month to go. Any loose ends? Progress report? Am I forgetting to do anything someone thinks I should be doing?

Nathan289
July 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I know I'm trying to work all the bugs out of the falcon..

Got it back together and have been driving it and notcied that.. A.. the tranny is a lot noisier than before i took it outof the car.. B that it now sounds like I have a through out/ clutch release bearing issue.. All though the parts looked fine I noticed that one of the retaining clips wasn't holding the bearing to the fork very well..
So I think I have a bearing rubbing on the pressure plate now..

Plus a few other small things that I'll fix..
Like I want to know why i have a back pressure popping when decelerating??? Timing is good carb tune is good..

Nathan

redfalken
July 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I think it's all coming together but I've never done a car show so we shall see! This will be a small one so I'll just be there having fun and doing my best.

The awards are all finished. Pat is having a banner made for the club and putting together a list of things to bring and who's bringing them for the BBQ. I've got money from John G. in the club account and will bring the debit card and PIN to the show.

Enjoy the morning as we will get busy in the afternoon feeding the crew. I encourage anyone who can break loose at the last minute to drive down and help support your club. If you can't, please pay up and help support it (and this forum) with a paid membership. We can use the money and I'd like to get paid off myself for the seed money I've put in and I'd like to pay Pat back someday for the banner.

So join the club and participate if you can and this club will flourish. So far I have me, Pat, Roger, and our eastside member Nathan and his lovely wife showing up to represent. Am I missing anyone?

63RAPTOR
July 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah You Could Have A Trophy For Shortest Drive
Im All Of Maybe 5 Miles Away From Brooks:rotflmao:

Nathan289
July 16th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Looking very good Kenny,
I'm bringing my membership dues with me..
I'd love to talk to everyone about starting an eastern Washington and Idaho panhandle chapter too..
I know there are a couple of Sonoma falcons for Fun guys that would like me to get that ball rolloing again..

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Nathan

pbrown
July 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM
The new banner should be done tomorrow.

Luva65wagon
July 16th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Plaques and banner look nice!

redfalken
July 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I just received an update on the Regional and thought I would pass it along. It looks like we will meet our goal of 40 cars so we should be on budget for the event. Just over 3 weeks till the show! See you all there.

Hi, all

As of today we are at 35 registered cars so it looks like we will meet out goal of 40 cars by August 6th. I guess we should hope for 50 cars!

Attached is a map of the Northwest Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum property. On this map I have attempted to layout the show field, swap area and other items associated with the property.

We will be taking pictures of each car and hand registration and goody bags at the gas station.

I have also attempted a layout of the Show Field around the Gazebo. My thinking is to have 2 rows of 10 cars on each side and a third row on each side if we get more then 40 cars. I have spaced the cars so that each car has 2 normal parking spaces.

Note that the parking spot in the middle of the field in front of the Gazebo will be the FCA and Club Reception area. Father O'Brien and Brother Mark, members of the SCFF and Club Historians, will be setting up a table and display past FCA Newsletter and SCFF Newsletter. I invite each of the clubs to bring their club latest newsletter and application for non members to make them aware of your club. To date we have about 9 participants that do not belong to a local club. So, This is your chance to recruit new members.

SWAP MEET LOCATION: I have indicated two spots for the swap meet. One is on the concrete pad across from the gas station and the other next to the show field away from the entrance to the show field. Please let me know which spot you feel would be the best location for the Swap Meet?

That about it for now,

Regards, John

68FalconSC
August 5th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to miss the Regionals. Just too much going on and I'm just spread wayyy too thin, not too mention not enough cash coming in compared to what needs to go out. This is the sucky part about being a singular parent. I am fortunate in that 2 of my 3 older kids are here and help out willingly with my 2 younger ones.
Actually this is a pretty big bummer as my kids love older cars and were looking forward to the show.
I hope next years Regionals are at least as close as this years. Jon

redfalken
August 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I just got some bad news. Pat Brown won't be able to make it down to the Regional this year. :(

His car is ready to go but he had to fly to Ohio this morning for a family emergency. It's a real bummer because Pat was working REALLY hard to get his restomod all finished and show it off! But family comes first and these things happen...

Luva65wagon
August 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm sure someone else who's car wasn't done would have loved to drive his car down to the show for him :D. But in all seriousness, I hope everything turns out OK.

Kenny, I hope you don't run into any problems or I'll be flipping out rather than flipping burgers. :NERVOUS:

redfalken
August 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm all set! Of course when you drive a 45 year old car you never know what fun is just around the corner.

When I drove down to San Ramon for the National a few years ago, I spent the first hour or two wondering if something would break and listening for strange noises but after that I just let it go and enjoyed the cruise. And it's always fun to count the honked horns and thumb ups as you cruise down I-5. [thumb]

Nathan289
August 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Just remember I'll be down a day earlier than most and will be ready to rescue anyone that needs rescueing..

Tools and a truck I should be able to tow anyone that needs it..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
August 12th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Nathan,

Do either Kenny or I have your cell number? (I know I don't). If you could send a PM to either of us with that, just in case. That way we can contact you if needed. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and your cell phone will remain silent.

justahairFalconloopy
August 12th, 2008, 09:37 PM
well...as for us Canuks...oy...what started out about a 10 of us...has quickly diminshed to 2..well...2 cars..3 members..:D

and were going to head south early Friday morn...apparently;)

the gas gauge in my wagon croaked...so this should be entertaining:ROTFLMAO:

so ..if you dont see a rusty woodie wagon on Friday nite...then watch the news:D

....."Falcon on fire!!...6 o clock"...lmao.:rolleyes:

Nathan289
August 12th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Roger and Kenny,

Check your pm's..
Kenny might still have my number or maybe not...
So I sent them again...
I'm all packed and ready to go... just waiting for Thursday to get here..
I got my tool box, wrenches, pliars,BFH, Screwdrivers, electrical connectors, sockets, test light, feeler gauges, etc.. if there is anything else needed hollar at me...
Got my jack and stands packed..
Got my personal cooler plus the large cooler for the show..
Bringing a pop-up gazebo for anyone that needs the extra shade..
Got clean underware packed...:D
just have to gas up the truck and get the hell out of dodge...

My plans are to be there Thursday evening around 4pm ish..

Nathan

redfalken
August 13th, 2008, 12:23 AM
well...as for us Canuks...oy...what started out about a 10 of us...has quickly diminshed to 2..well...2 cars..3 members..:D

and were going to head south early Friday morn...apparently;)

the gas gauge in my wagon croaked...so this should be entertaining:ROTFLMAO:

so ..if you dont see a rusty woodie wagon on Friday nite...then watch the news:D

....."Falcon on fire!!...6 o clock"...lmao.:rolleyes:

Make sure one of you has a fire extinguisher that's charged! Glad you guys are making it down. Looks like we may get a LITTLE break in gas prices for a bit.

But keep the gas in the cylinders!

redfalken
August 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
DANG! It looks like it's a gonna be a scorcher in Salem this weekend. Mid-90's. That's about 15 degrees to hot for this boy! :(

Shorts...t-shirt...hat...sunscreen...water...and lots of extra coolant for the trip down.

63RAPTOR
August 13th, 2008, 03:34 PM
May Not Need The Bbq's
Just Put The Patties On The Sidewalk

Luva65wagon
August 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I've never been in this area when it wasn't scorching hot... which is why I suggested the swap be on the grass and not the asphalt/concrete.

Yeah, us Washertonians are gonna melt. I'm actually from Sacto, CA (28 years removed), so hopefully I won't melt as fast as Kenny. One of us has to cook! [thumb])
Just keep the cool ones comin' :BEER:

Luva65wagon
August 13th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Roger and Kenny,

Bringing a pop-up gazebo for anyone that needs the extra shade..

Nathan

How many Falcon owners can you fit under a pop-up 10' square. I think we're about to find out...

I'm hoping the gazebo has a roof. :cool:

63RAPTOR
August 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
YOU'LL HAVE TO COME DOWN IN FEB SOMETIME AND DRAG THAT HEAT WITH YOU:banana:

Luva65wagon
August 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Nope... I'm afraid you'd still be warmer then. :)

(I sense an almanac being checked as I write this...) ;)

63RAPTOR
August 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM
NO I UNDERSTAND WHY STARBUCKS STARTED IN SEATTLE:cool:

Nathan289
August 13th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Just another day in the park for this Eastern Washintonian..

Hey Roger I too was from SAc Town CA, Came from Wa, to CA back to Wa

I went to high school in Fair Oaks..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
August 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Nathan, I was on the other side of town in Elk Grove. The first engine I rebuild was a flathead Ford tractor. 100 degree days were commonplace out hoeing weeds in the garden. FFA and all that stuff too. Anyway...

Well the wagon is loaded with all the PA stuff, 6' table, cleaning stuff, etc. Found out somebody absconded with one of my heavy 14-2 speaker cables and one of the other smaller ones. Pi$$ed me off to find them missing tonight! :bicker: I will make due with what I have 'cause these cables are not cheap and I'm not going to worry about it. No time.

Still gotta put together a small tool bag and take the cat to a friends house. Hope I don't forget anything. :NERVOUS:

justahairFalconloopy
August 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
KENNY...get off the phone!!:WHATTHE:.........:ROTFLMAO:

redfalken
August 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Women! (Hey...we need a wife yaking on the phone smiley)

KENNY...get off the phone!!:WHATTHE:.........:ROTFLMAO:

justahairFalconloopy
August 15th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Kenny..was a pleasure chatting last night!:)

...and thus comes my formal apology to all you cats
i must be getting sensible in my old age...or old in my sensible age..:p

but i decided that driving for 6 hours(each way) in a car that i've only driven a few times that has NO gas gauge...might not be the brightest thing to do..;)

and i couldnt get the motor/tranny back into the 68 in time:mad:

so..i'm sorry ..but I'm not gonna make it

Hope you guys have tons of fun!!..take tons of pics!!:rocker: