PDA

View Full Version : Ford Picnic @ BCC sunday the 1st.

falcon cobra
May 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM
How many falcon people are going to the ford show sunday..??:banana:

redfalken
May 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully the rain will stay at bay! There's another thread going already for this event with some info on meeting up in the morning:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487

Jeff W
May 28th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Unless it pouring buckets, I will be there.

pbrown
May 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I'll be there weather permitting.

Luva65wagon
May 31st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Unless its pouring down rain, in which case I doubt the show will be a show worth attending, I'm planning to be there. I have to drive from home (Mill Creek) to the top of Renton to get the car out of my friends garage (hopefully the key I made actually works... he's in the hospital), but should be able to make it to the BK by 9AM if everything works out.

I've got Kenny's cell# I think, so if I'm not gonna make it or am running late I'll call. If you don't see or hear from me by 9:30AM I'm not going to make it at all.

FWIW, I just flew in from Indy a couple hours ago and was up all last night due to severe thunder storms (with tornado's) like nothing I've ever witnessed. Got maybe 1 hour of sleep in past 24 hours...

Hal Cogburn
June 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
I was unable to make it to the All ford Picnic and am curious how it went. The weather sure did not cooperate...at least up here in Buckley...

Last year I really enjoyed it plus meeting some of the Falcon folks so hopefully the turnout was good?

Hal

Luva65wagon
June 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
The show was well attended by Falcons from our group as well as a few from outside the nest. We had Kenny, Pat, Jeff, Gary, John, Paul and Kathy and myself for 7 cars total all in a row. Weather held out there - not a drop. I'd say there was at least 200-300 cars. Sorry you were unable to make it...

I'll post a few pictures as soon as I can.

Hal Cogburn
June 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'm glad it was a good turnout...but now I'm kicking myself for not going...it was a stretch anyway with family from out of town coming would had to leave fairly early...plus the weather looked like it could rain at any moment. I guess the rule of thumb going forward is just "go for it"...

With the mild weather would have been great to look at cars....I know last year it was getting pretty dang warm by early afternoon.

I'm sure there will be other car shows the group will be going to and I sure will try and make one.

Hal

redfalken
June 2nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Great show but I should have brought a heavier jacket. It stayed pretty chilly all day but there were lots of interesting Fords to look at.

I think I saw another 7 or 8 Falcons sprinkled throughout the other cars. And a good showing of some pretty cool rat rods!

Nathan289
June 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Man I need to move:3g:

I go to many of the shows here on the east side and I see the same falcons over and over, if there are any falcons..

Good news is I'm getting closer to having all the issues worked out on the 61.. just needs to be aligned..

Nathan
( one more post closer to the top;))

Jeff W
June 2nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
It was chilly. To get a few extra dollars for the club we considered selling time in Pat's heated seats... but there was concern that it may damage his "third" Optima battery;)

justahairFalconloopy
June 2nd, 2008, 11:51 PM
....no pics????:eek:

redfalken
June 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
I took a few and will post tomorrow. My charger on the laptop is being fussy and I won't get a new one for a few days so I need to shut down and try to get it working.

redfalken
June 5th, 2008, 08:14 PM
OK...here's a quick PhotoShop web page I did. A few duplicates and no editing but I hope you enjoy! Anyone else feel free to post any photos they took here.

http://www.redfalken.com/FordPicnic08/index.html

Jeff W
June 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Here is a picture of the 427 SOHC that Gary was talking about. I also found a site with some history. I didn't know such a beast was existed.

I think it was in a 64 Fairlane...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/articles/lfm-issue01-a2-1.php

MacDee
June 13th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah! What a motor! I believe it was in a Galaxie, earlier vintage than the engine. I seem to recall seeing one on display in a showroom-new 1966 Galaxie when I was at a stock car race at Riverside, CA. The one at the picnic was a '63 or '64...can't recall.
Ford developed this engine to compete with Chrysler's 426 Hemi in NASCAR and at the drags. Both those engines got pushed out of NASCAR when they changed the rules to allow a max displacement of "only" 355 cu.in. The Hemi won out over the Ford SOHC at the drags only because it took too long to rebuild the SOHC between rounds.

68FalconSC
August 1st, 2008, 03:48 AM
Here is a picture of the 427 SOHC that Gary was talking about. I also found a site with some history. I didn't know such a beast was existed.

I think it was in a 64 Fairlane...

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/articles/lfm-issue01-a2-1.php

Big ? Yup! Bad ? The Baddest! Nasty ? The Nastiest EVER! Nice job ! :BEER:

Luva65wagon
August 1st, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'd like to see one in a Falcon. That would be almost like that engine they had on Speed Racer that made the driver black-out. :NERVOUS:

falcon cobra
August 2nd, 2008, 05:41 AM
Bad to the bone

MacDee
August 2nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Okay, I dug out my pictures of the monster...
It was in a '62 Galaxie.

justahairFalconloopy
August 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
thanx for the pics Kenny

falcon cobra
August 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
:ROTFLMAO:I don't think kenny posted the pictures!!!!

justahairFalconloopy
August 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
:ROTFLMAO:I don't think kenny posted the pictures!!!!

of the picnic he did !:D