PDA

View Full Version : selling my 61

larry thompson
July 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM
3 on the tree 141 6 cylinder tried to keep it stock and original anyone out there looking to add to their collection? my address mdlsports@yahoo.com

redfalken
July 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM
WOW! That's a sweet little car! I hope you find someone that will really love it. Where are you located? Did you have a price in mind?

If you bring it to the Regional in Salem I'm sure you'll find a good home. Sorry I don't have room.

larry thompson
July 14th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I live in Auburn---been trying to sell it for a couple months on craigs list--not much luck....currently asking $6700; think it's too much? anyone have suggestions for a price?

justahairFalconloopy
July 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
and i say this with No sarcasm:D

but..the fact that it hasnt sold yet...answers the question!:)
that said..it just may be too much for your area...try advertising it elsewhere...like Oregon sorta thing

its beautiful tho![thumb]

redfalken
July 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I'd say if it looks as good up close as it does in the photos that $6,700 is high but not out of the question. Just need the right person. And add O.B.O and see what you get. You can always say no thanks and it will tell you what the market thinks is fair.

Emphasize it's good gas milage. And maybe throw in a Pertronixs unit. Cheap and might be a selling point plus it won't change the looks at all. Maybe also advertise on www.tffn.net.

Luva65wagon
July 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM
No... I think it's a fair price. I'd buy it for that if I had room for one more car around here (and had a spare $6700). I am looking for a round-body, but more for a restomod thing. I would never forgive myself to do something like that to yours. I think you may need a broader audience is all. What about the FCA newsletter?

Luva65wagon
July 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Oh... and I'd do the dual master cylinder to it as well. $50 of safety you can sell. I'd do that before doing a Pertronix if you didn't want to do both.

falcon cobra
July 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
:banana:Hi .......is this car still lfor sale...or is it gone to a new owner.?????

larry thompson
July 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
hey cobra
you got be on the computer!!! doesn't happen very often---still for sale larry