PDA

View Full Version : Bickford Ford Show

falcon cobra
August 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
This show is sept 21st. it's a good show,door prizes,plaques,and lunch, for free:BEER: no less. sure would be nice to see more than two falcons there this year. its like 10:00 to 2:00 So
lets get at least six or more falcons there....OK !!

john h

Luva65wagon
August 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I'll be going for sure if I'm not forced out of town by work. This is a great show too for those of you who haven't been there before. It's always been a fun meet and I for one would love to see a few more Falcons get there. It is all-Ford and they really do get some nice rides.

falcon cobra
August 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hi all, It sure seems that nobody gives a rats about this show and I'am not sure why..? fill me in....:NERVOUS:

john h

redfalken
August 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Patience young John! It's only been 24 hours since you posted and there's only a few of us who check the forum daily.;)

After all the work I put into the Regional this year I'm a little burnt out on shows and have been spending my weekends doing house (and wife) projects I've been neglecting.

I'll pencil it in on the calander but I'll probably decide at the last minute. Do you know if there's a website with more info or one with photos from previous years?

Luva65wagon
August 26th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Kenny,

I've been to this show about 3 or 4 times and have almost always found out when it was going to happen the day before it happens. It's a show very similar to the Scarff Ford show. Same theme... just up North. Last year there was maybe 100 cars, give or take a few.

I'm still doing some final updates on my computer, now that it seems to run again, so I have some pictures either on that computer or my work computer.

pbrown
August 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'll try to make it if some others commit. I don't want to be the only one. The car is all polished up for Salem nd then didn't get to go :mad:.

justahairFalconloopy
August 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM
and for us 'illegal aliens'..:ROTFLMAO:
where the heck is it??????:p

Jim Jarriel
August 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Bickford's All Ford Car/Truck Show
9/21/2008
Bickford's All Ford Car/Truck Show
Snohomish, Wa. 425-334-4045

redfalken
August 27th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I'll try to make it if some others commit. I don't want to be the only one. The car is all polished up for Salem nd then didn't get to go :mad:.

Yea! You've gotta show that thing off now that it's all spiffed up! :rocker:

If I don't have something else come up I'll caravan with you for sure.

Luva65wagon
August 27th, 2008, 10:37 PM

Well... I think there were already two people commited to going already, weren't there... :confused:

pbrown
August 28th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I remember a couple years ago when John talked everyone in the Skarf show and then he didn't come.

falcon cobra
August 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry about that patrick but I was ill that day and didn't make it, I have been to all the shows at bowen scarff but two. hope you didn't miss me. besides I have been to many shows where I was the only falcon there, for what thats worth.....have a nice day......

john h:bicker:

justahairFalconloopy
August 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM
so..it seems like its just a Mustang show that 'invites'..."other fords"..
...no?....yes?....;)

MacDee
August 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'll come!

Luva65wagon
August 29th, 2008, 03:40 PM
so..it seems like its just a Mustang show that 'invites'..."other fords"..
...no?....yes?....;)

It is hosted by a Mustang club as well as by Bickford, which is something similar to what Scarff Ford does. It's always been about 70/30 Fords to Mustangs.

I've been looking for pictures, but I can't find where I stored them. I have about 20,000 car-show pictures floating around.

Luva65wagon
August 29th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I remember a couple years ago when John talked everyone in the Skarf show and then he didn't come.

Well, I'm sure we all have run into a situation where we intend to come to a show and something comes up. It might have been (as with a very recent show that comes to mind ;)) where a person "couldn't come" rather than "didn't come." You still go and have fun and let everyone know to beware... there are Falcons about; terrorizing the pavement! :D

To the best of my knowledge I'll be there, but my boss is hinting about a show in Oregon (:WHATTHE:) I may have to go to. I'm trying my best to finagle my way around this since I have to go to Vegas for work the next week as well.

MacDee
September 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Is this a show where we just show up, or do we need to pre-register or call in or something?

falcon cobra
September 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
:banana:Hi gary....it's a just go and show, no pre.reg. it's a nice show lots of cars and all the hot dogs you can eat ,plus door prizes,no less............see ya there.....jh

MacDee
September 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
What time should I show up?

MacDee
September 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I just re-read your first post, John. Says right there: 10:00 - 2:00.

Duh. :doh:

See y'all around 10:00!

Luva65wagon
September 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I've shown up around 9:30 before and they were filling in nicely then. They have lots of room, so 10 is fine.

Still getting mixed messages from work about having to go to Oregon. A big part of me wanted to call a meeting for afterwards, but this indecision from my boss is making it tough. So, anyone checking this know that before too long we'll have to have a meeting. It's been a while.

falcon cobra
September 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well things don't look to shiny for tomorrow! oh well, a wet car will dry:NERVOUS:

redfalken
September 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'll probably be a no show if it's still raining in the morning. I'm guessing it's close to an hour drive for me one way. And it doesn't look like I'll get a chance to give it a good wash and vacuum today if this keeps up. That would mean just spraying it off at the car wash in the morning. Daily drivers get pretty dirty over a couple of weeks.

Excuses, excuses. I need a car port!! :bicker: They should be mandatory building code in this neck of the woods...

MacDee
September 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
From KOMO weather:

Sunday we stay mostly cloudy, but the showers should taper off a bit in the afternoon. Highs will say in the low 60s.

I'll be there, rain or shine!!

falcon cobra
September 20th, 2008, 02:43 PM
So bring a umbrella, hot coffee,heavy coat and a hand warmer..don't forget the rags and wax for when the sun comes out...see ya there..jh:rocker:

Luva65wagon
September 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
I'm packn' up and heading out there. Heck if it's just me, Gary and John, we'll be walking away with a lot of door prizes and awards! :banana:

falcon cobra
September 21st, 2008, 01:12 PM
Got rain ? ....we tried.:(

MacDee
September 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I got there about 9:35, and, uh, turned around and went home. My wife was even disappointed so we thought about what else fun we could do.
"We could go to XXX," I said, "maybe there'll be some cool cars to look at there." I browsed to the XXX Root Beer web site, and it turned out to be a Mazda show day at XXX! We jumped into our Mazda 6 and headed on over to XXX for lunch. There were a few newish RX8's, an old B2000 pickup, an MX3, a Miata, a couple of second-gen RX7's and a really cool 323 sedan with an intercooled turbo setup. Had lots of good conversation... and a great lunch!