PDA

View Full Version : Windshield and rear glass

BadBird
November 21st, 2008, 06:09 PM
I am looking for the best place to purchase the windshield and back glass for my 64 futura. Anyone know of a good, somewhat inexpensive location? Local would be great so I don't have to pay a huge shipping bill. Thanks Larry

redfalken
November 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM
On our resources page there's a place called Smart Glass listed. It says " Ask for John the manager. Good price on replacement glass."

http://www.smartglassinc.com/

It's been awhile and I don't remember who recommended them. I know Pat had some glass work done on his `62 by someone but I don't know who it was.

Luva65wagon
November 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm not 100% sure the back grass is reproduced Larry. May be, but often it isn't. I might could get the front from the guy I mentioned the other day and I can ask him about the back glass while I'm at it. If you recall, I need to get one for mine again anyway.

BadBird
November 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks Roger. Please do let me know what you find out. I will also check out the web site. Larry

Ranchero_65
November 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Do you have a Preimer Auto glass around ? I got a new windshield for my Ranchero from them for $147.00 just last year ..

pbrown
November 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I had my front glass done at Alderwood Autoglass in Lynnwood. The guy is an old Ford guy and knows his stuff. Drived a nice red Fairlane.

BadBird
November 23rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks. I will call him tomorrow and see what he has available. Larry

Jerry Kirby
November 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I got my front windshield for my '65 from the Glass Doctor in Tukwila. Phone # is 800-965-4147. The fellow that came out name was Larry Johnson. He specialized in vintage cars. I got a new front glass and he re-installed my original rear glass. This cost me $425. I asked about getting a new rear glass at that time and they wanted over $700 for it. So I went with the original. I was satisfied with his work.

Jerry:BEER:
'65 Futura