PDA

View Full Version : January Meeting

Luva65wagon
January 13th, 2009, 08:37 PM
...is apparently missing from the calendar, so as a reminder the club voted to have monthly meetings with the exception of December and February on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. So that makes the next meeting January 21st.

I can't recall if we all considered the last location adequate or not (Roundtable in Renton at SR167 and 180th) -- so if Kenny can pull up the minutes from that meeting he can fill in the blank in this regard. I'm OK with it, but would like some feedback. The time regardless is from 7PM-8PM.

SmithKid
January 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm thinking of going. Are you saying the location is to be Renton again? Is that centrally located for most attenders? Anyway, for those of us up North, maybe carpooling? I have accommadations for three riders in my Exploder.

BillP 98201
January 14th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Id like to go..... I live in Everett
If there is any one going Id be glad to chip in on gas

Jerry Kirby
January 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Is the meeting going to be in Renton again? If so that will be OK with me. I haven't taken my wife out to dinner since the last meeting and I am sure she will want to take another 50 mile round tripper to have a pizza. Just joking.

Jerry Kirby
'65 Futura

redfalken
January 14th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I'll be there. I don't have anything down about location in the minutes but I may bring a recorder this time. I've never been good with taking notes. Anyone who is interested in taking over the secretary position please show up with a sharp pencil and notebook. I haven't heard from Caro in awhile but I think she's pretty busy with work and life and wouldn't mind stepping down.

My personal opinion is it's not very central if you look at the people who attended last time. I could be wrong but we had 2 of us from Ballard, one Lynnwood, one from Kenmore, Everett, Woodinville, and Spanaway. I think I'm missing one or two but it seems like the majority come from the north.

I'm OK for Renton now but I think we should move it more north in the future. Don't know where so if anyone has a suggestion that would be great. I did check out a pizza place once in Shoreline on Aurora by the Fred Meyer at N. 185th. Spiro's and I think they have a meeting room. Might be worth checking out?? http://www.ilovespiros.com and mostly good reviews http://www.yelp.com/biz/spiros-pizza-and-pasta-shoreline

MacDee
January 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Alas, I have another committment for that evening. Sorry, I'll have to miss this one.:(

Luva65wagon
January 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM
You know, the last Falcon club that I was in before this one met at the Burgermaster in the U-district. It's easy access from just about any direction. They have plenty of space and good variety of foods, if you end up eating too. So... for this meeting I vote for this location.

I know of the Spiro's place up near Freddie Meyers on 185th, but it's always crowded when I've been there.

Here's a link to the Burg:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Burgermaster&city=Seattle&state=WA&address=3040+NE+45th+St&zipcode=98105&country=US&latitude=47.66121&longitude=-122.293297&geocode=ADDRESS&id=12569706#a/maps/m::8:47.661207:-122.293297:0:::::/e

Yes/No?

I can haul as many as 3 more of us from the North if you meet at my place.

Jeff W
January 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Burgermaster sounds fine to me. They have a big parking lot and, surprisingly, the food and shakes are good.

We can mix it up a bit for the first few meetings and see what we like the best...

redfalken
January 15th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Burgers sound good to me. If no one objects by this time tomorrow I can send out an email to everyone subscribed to the FalconForum.

Jerry Kirby
January 16th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I will try to make it and if there is anyone from the Pierce county area, Graham, Puyallup, Buckley etc or even Aubrun or Kent that wants to go and would like to carpool. I could take 2 or 3. Let me know.

Jerry Kirby
'65 Futura

falcon cobra
January 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
:shift:Yes the burgermaster at the village,when I was blistering the tires on my 55 chev in 61 as we left, [ oh oh ] the burgers were good then and still are today. no other place I know of can say that....jh

Luva65wagon
January 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
For a bit of trivia... this is the very first Burgermaster that opened, I think in the very early 50's. I've worked just down the street from here for almost 30 years myself and I swear to you they have never changed a thing... except their prices and employees. :ROTFLMAO:

Luva65wagon
January 16th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Burgers sound good to me. If no one objects by this time tomorrow I can send out an email to everyone subscribed to the FalconForum.

Thanks Kenny.

redfalken
January 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
The email notice has been sent.

F...I swear to you they have never changed a thing... except their prices and employees. :ROTFLMAO:

And let's hope the french fry grease! See you all there :BEER:

Nathan289
January 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM
once again disappointed that I can't go....:bicker:

Sedanman
January 19th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Hmmm, that's "LOST" premiere night as well - decisions decisions........ :)

Luva65wagon
January 19th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I was invited to a "Lost party" myself... but the decision wasn't that hard. I'd prefer to record it and FF through the endless commercials in that 2-3 hour period anyway. Actually... what's live TV? I forgot.

Luva65wagon
January 20th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Just to let those of you in the north who are going to drive down, I'm deciding to work late tomorrow and just go there direct from work (all of two blocks) rather than drive north just to turn around and drive back. So don't worry about adding me to your carpool plans -- if there were any. ;)

See you at The Burg @ 7PM!

pbrown
January 21st, 2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry guys but I won't be there. I'm home sick today. Let me know if I have any to-dos as a result of the meeting.

Luva65wagon
January 21st, 2009, 09:27 PM
No dotos, but you have a couple to dos.

Kenny will discuss with you, he said.

melo-yelo
January 26th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I was all set to go to the meeting and than the location was changed and I could not make it to burgermaster. Has it been determined if Burgermaster is going to be the regular meeting place?

Nathan289
January 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Roger,
Does anyone post the minutes of the meeting? I was just wondering what was discussed..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
January 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Kenny took the minutes. Typically we get the minutes in the newsletters, but I'm not sure when he'l get to that considering his computer problems. Maybe he can post them here.

Nathan289
January 26th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Might make room in the newsletter for cooler stuff or just post them in both places..

Nathan

redfalken
January 27th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Finally found a place that specializes and warranties logic board repairs for these iBooks so I'm going to remove it and ship this week. So hopefully it won't be much longer!!

melo-yelo
February 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Is a February meeting scheduled? Is it at Burgermaster or will it be down south at Round Table or ?

redfalken
February 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Meetings are monthly except for December and February. Our next meeting will be March 18th. I'll let the president work out the place but my vote would be Burgermaster, same as last month.

Luva65wagon
February 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I know now that no matter where we hold our meeting some people will have to drive a long ways. Nature of this area. :shift:

This Burgermaster is pretty close to every freeway coming and going and is pretty central to the area in general, so I'm inclined to keep it there too. Would be willing to do an alternating North/South meet as well, so if this is favored let's get this settled within the next week or so since the longer you give people warning the better chance they'll show up. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

;)

Jerry Kirby
February 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I will go with the majority. However I would prefer meeting at the Spanaway soup kitchen. ho ho ho
Actually location wise a north south swap thing would be OK also. Let me know and I will make the trip. Hell it's only once a month.

Jerry
'65 Futura