PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Side Trim

Michael HAll
May 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Is there anyone that anodize the aluminum side trim or has anyone buff off the coating and clear coated the trim?????
Michael

BadBird
May 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I have stripped off the anodize from quite a few of the trim parts with oven cleaner. Then sanded and buffed the parts. The side trim parts are the easiest since there isn't much detail. Haven't powdercoated them since I want to wait and do them all together. I have the rear piece cleaned and painted and will do a final buff just before the clear powdercoat. I will let you know how they all look when complete. Here are the before and after pictures. (less clear)

Jeff W
May 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM
That looks great!

I didn't know they made clear powdercoat.

Michael HAll
May 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I have stripped off the anodize from quite a few of the trim parts with oven cleaner. Then sanded and buffed the parts. The side trim parts are the easiest since there isn't much detail. Haven't powdercoated them since I want to wait and do them all together. I have the rear piece cleaned and painted and will do a final buff just before the clear powdercoat. I will let you know how they all look when complete. Here are the before and after pictures. (less clear)
Looks great I will give it a try on a extra piece but I will clear coat it
Thanks
Michael