PDA

View Full Version : Show: Early V8 Club Ford Picinic

pbrown
May 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
The Early V8 club sponsors a car show in Bellevue each year. This year is will be on June 7th. This is coming up soon so get your Falcons and Rancheros tuned and cleaned. We once had 14 cars at this show once. Let's see if we can do it again. It is very informal and you don't need to have a show car to attend. All are welcome.

We will meet at the Factoria Burger King for breakfast and then drive over together. I believe the show fees are $15 this year. Please try to attend. It is always a lot of fun.

Jeff W
May 24th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I will be there with one of my birds... This a a great show/picnic where daily drivers are more than welcome. There are also plenty of trees to take refuge against the mid-day sun.

redfalken
May 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to make it this year...:mad:

I'm having some minor surgery late afternoon on the 5th and doubt if I will feel like standing around all day less that 48 hours later.

I'm bummed for sure. Always have a great time at this show and have been to the last 6 or so. To everyone else who's never been...DO IT! It doesn't matter what condition your car is in. If it's drivable, it will fit in just fine.

Can someone commit to taking lots of photos and maybe write a story for the newsletter?

falcon cobra
May 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Kenny, sorry to hear about that, but you could go to breakfast [ one needs to eat ] go to the show and leave at noon or sooner,you are the reason we have this falcon club, so try to make it ....OK...
john h:rocker:

redfalken
May 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks John. I keep toying with the idea of trying to make it but I'm afraid my live-in nurse (aka wife) wouldn't allow it.

Plus I have Monday off work for recovery and my boss will be at the show so that wouldn't look too good. :D

Take lots of pictures and hopefully lots of new members will be there to talk Falcon...

MacDee
May 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'll be there! What will be the departure time from Burger King?

pbrown
May 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Plus I have Monday off work for recovery and my boss will be at the show so that wouldn't look too good. :D

I'll talk to your boss.

Luva65wagon
May 31st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Kenny,

It's "nonstressfull recouperative therapy" prescribed by your doctor -- yeah, that's it.

Jeff W
June 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
The weather is supposed to be wonderful on Sunday.

What time are we leavening from the pre-event meeting place )Burger King @ Factorial).

I generally get there early so I can enjoy a breakfast sandwich and something that resembles a "hash brown" but is served in a paper envelope.

pbrown
June 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM
What time are we leavening from the pre-event meeting place )Burger King @ Factorial).

I'm open to anything. How about 8:00 AM?

Jeff W
June 4th, 2009, 07:39 PM
The flyer for the show list the hours from 9-4.

8 may be a bit early for departure. How about 8:30 to be reving up the birds for the caravan to the show? I know some members (and future members) may have a longer drive than us.

Here is the complete address for the Burger King:

4015 Factoria Blvd SE
Bellevue, WA 98006

Here is a link to the flyer:
http://www.efv8psrg.org/Ford_picnic/ford_picnic.htm

Luva65wagon
June 4th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I plan to be at the BK at about 8AM and can leave 10 minutes later... if need be. But 8:30 leaving BK should be plenty early.

pbrown
June 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Let's plan to leave BK at 8:45AM. That will get us to the show when they open. Show up at BK whenever you like. I'll plan to be there at about 8:15AM.

Jeff W
June 6th, 2009, 09:12 AM
8:45 departure it is.

As a reminder, even non-paying Falcon owners (prospects) are welcome to meet at BK for the drive over, and to park with the Club at the show.

I know there were a few questions about this last year.

Kenny has provided me with a stack of the new Widow Decals. I will be distributing them, along with super installation instructions (Thanks Kenny) to current members.

See you all there.

Sedanman
June 7th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I may try and stop by in the afternoon sometime - 15 bucks is a bit steep for me to let people look at my car, so I may try sneaking in on foot to avoid the $5 entry fee ;)

falcon cobra
June 7th, 2009, 05:22 AM
So where would we be if everyone was to sneak in, if you can't afford it stay home....jh

redfalken
June 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
So where would we be if everyone was to sneak in, if you can't afford it stay home....jh

That's pretty harsh John. Hmmm...you could almost say that same thing about supporting the club by being a paid member?

Sedanman
June 7th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I don't plan to try and sneak my car in, John. I'd think they're making enough money off of this show from the car fees not to charge spectators - I don't know of any other show that charges spectators. If it were 5 bucks for show cars like it used to be, I'd drive my car in. This is event is getting too pricey for the (non) working class, imo. And besides, I do have a class there next week I need to go find the location for....

I can go to free car shows at the XXX any weekend - I'm mainly going to see you guys since I haven't been able to make it to meetings.

pbrown
June 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hre are a few photos from the show. I have alot more. I indended to but them in the gallery but I seems to have broken it.

Jeff W
June 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
For the record I did NOT run over the man laying under the front of my red Convertible... ummm he was there when I arrived. Yeah, that's it.

redfalken
June 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I thought he was with the EPA, checking on a reported oil spill :D

Sedanman
June 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I'm posting a few at a time to my flickr page as I have time to edit them - I'll post a link to the full set from the show once all of them are uploaded to flickr. So far I've just posted pics of those amazingly restored COE trucks....

www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman)

pbrown
July 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I posted several photos from this event to the gallery. Please add our own if you have any.

Sedanman
July 12th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I've been going to so many shows and taking photos lately, I still haven't edited the ones I took at the picnic. Will try and get to it soon!

*edit* Maybe it's just my stuffy head from having a mid summer cold, but how do you post photos to the album?