PDA

View Full Version : Trailering

BadBird
June 2nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
This question may raise some eyebrows but does anyone have experience in trailering a Falcon on a flatbed trailer. I just purchased a 16 footer and was wondering which method is best in tieing down the car. I have seen straps around the tires, and to the undercarriage, ???. I never paid attention to where the straps went to under the car.
Even if you don't want to talk about a trailer queen tiedown maybe you've seen it done or know the best practice. Larry

pbrown
June 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
Connect to the suspension and not the chassis. You can connect to the front lower control arms and loop over the rear axle.

BadBird
June 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks very much Patrick. Have you ever used the straps that go over the tires? Larry

pbrown
June 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks very much Patrick. Have you ever used the straps that go over the tires? Larry

I have seen but have never used them.

redfalken
June 2nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
I used the ones that go over the tires to tow mine from Santa Rosa, CA to Seattle and they worked fine. There are also chains around the axle as a back-up but the webbing was significant so it would take something pretty nasty to break them. And it was pretty easy to get them installed, even without a helper.