PDA

View Full Version : Club meeting - August 19th

Jeff W
August 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hi all, just wanted to post about the meeting this Wednesday. It starts at 7:00PM (The calendar on this site has the incorrect start time). Usual place: Burgermaster @ University Village.

redfalken
August 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I won't be able to make it this time. Can someone take notes?

Luva65wagon
August 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I've been leaning towards canceling this meeting because of the hecticness of trying to get things done so I can start my vacation (and time is running out) :doh:

-- but as of today I will be there.

SmithKid
August 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
See you all there.
Gene

JLP1977
August 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I will be there! I might duck out early to meet a friend for dinner, but I will be there for the first half, at least.
Jeff, I have a copy of the Corvette book for you! Or was it the Mustang one you wanted...hmmm.

Joanna

BadBird
August 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Just got home from our vacation to Reno for Hot August Nights. Had a great time. Won some money. Played some golf. Saw thousands of cars and the weather was great. There were 4000 cars entered and there were at least that many in town that weren't registered. Out of all those cars I only saw 5 Falcons. A couple were very nice but most were in-work. I will send the pictures of the Falcons when I get my camera out of my motorhome. I finally got my 64 primered and am starting to block sand for final prep to base coat it. Also won't be able to make the meeting tonight. See you all soon. Larry

BadBird
August 19th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Pics from Hot August Nights

BadBird
August 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
More Pics from Hot August Nights. Larry

Luva65wagon
August 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days!

Looks like it was lots of fun. One of these days would love to be able to do that.

We had a good meeting tonight -- sort of an inpromptu sort for a change. I think the 5 of us that made it may have changed the entire direction of the club. We've decided to head Westward. ;)

We also met a new Falcon owner - Andy - who was out in the parking lot when we were leaving. Got there a bit late. He has a pretty nice t-bird roofline round body with a full mid-80's drivetrain setup as a two seater. Hope to see more of it in better light. Lots of good ideas implemented in his car.

MacDee
August 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Alas...
I could not make it to the meeting... again. Pat suggested I bring my new aluminum head if it arrived in time. It did, I have it, but I was committed to other activities for the evening.

cometcougar
August 23rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Off topic from the original purpose of this thread, but I was at Hot August Nights too this year. It was excellent, and I'm already planning to save up so I can do it again in a few years. I drove down in a caravan of 4 cars total - my Cougar, and my buddies in a 66 Chevelle, 68 Camaro, and 67 Mustang Fastback. Maybe I'll have the Comet ready to go for the next trip to Reno, although it's been a great daily driver for the time being.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187/rfobert/Cougar/Aug042009018.jpg