PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gardens Meeting

redfalken
February 21st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

We have normally kicked off the season with a gathering at Golden Gardens followed by lunch about this time of the year and I was thinking this might be a good event to do every year. Who knows...maybe someday it will evolve into a car show. I understand the Bath House down there has been remodeled and you can rent it from the city if we ever do decide to have a show, this would be a nice place for registration, vendors, etc.

So far the weather has always been really cold and overcast so I was thinking we could move the date by a couple of weeks and see if it warms up a little. How does Saturday, March 10th around 11am sound? I think the Monroe Spring Swap Meet is the weekend before that but let me know if this date conflicts with anything else going on in the area.

I'll give this a few days for comments and then send out an email alert to all forum subscribers.

pbrown
February 21st, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'll be there but my car will probably be at Elliot's shop.

Jeff W
March 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
I plan on being there. The top will most likely be up.

MacDee
March 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
I'll put it on my calendar. Depending on the honey-do list...

redfalken
March 2nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
I plan on being there. The top will most likely be up.

No little red wagon???

Alsprint
March 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
[quote=redfalken;350] How does Saturday, March 10th around 11am sound? I think the Monroe Spring Swap Meet is the weekend before that but let me know if this date conflicts with anything else going on in the area.
quote]
I am confused as normal. You said the Monroe swap meet in your other posting was May 19th and 20th but this posting your saying it is in March? Whats up? Al

SmithKid
March 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
I will try to be there. Would like to meet other Falcon owners. Am working on the Ranchero, so it won't be there with me, even though I'm sure it wants to get out.

redfalken
March 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
[quote=redfalken;350] How does Saturday, March 10th around 11am sound? I think the Monroe Spring Swap Meet is the weekend before that but let me know if this date conflicts with anything else going on in the area.
quote]
I am confused as normal. You said the Monroe swap meet in your other posting was May 19th and 20th but this posting your saying it is in March? Whats up? Al

Brain fart! It's May 19/20. Here's the sponsor's website for future reference. I'll try to work on updating the website calendar soon.

http://www.efv8psrg.org/

CmnThru
March 4th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm going to try to be there...I just need to get rid of a kitchen table/chair set that's living in the back of the Ranchero before I arrive. I don't want to look like a Beverley Hillbilly. Or maybe I do. Does anyone have an old hound dog I could borrow?

Linda

CmnThru
March 4th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Oh, wait sec...now I'm confused. Will our Golden Gardens / Lockspot event be March 10 or May 12?

redfalken
March 4th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm going to try to be there...I just need to get rid of a kitchen table/chair set that's living in the back of the Ranchero before I arrive. I don't want to look like a Beverley Hillbilly. Or maybe I do. Does anyone have an old hound dog I could borrow?

Linda

No hound dog but I might have some bubblin' crude out in the driveway from a previous oil leak!

The date is Saturday, March 10 at 11 a.m. Let's hope for sunshine and a warm breeze...

Luva65wagon
March 5th, 2007, 07:47 AM
I've got to work (just found out) all next weekend for a local trade show (Seattle Bike Expo, Sat/Sun, Hanger 27, Old Sandpoint Navel Base). So, have fun!

Oh and the following weekend is the Almost Spring Swap at Puyallup. Went to the Earlybird swap a couple weeks ago and found the fender I was looking for.

BillP 98201
March 5th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Is anyone going to post directions or a map...Still trying to arrange my schedule, but I dont know how to get there :D

pbrown
March 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Does this help?

Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=golden+gardens+park,+Seattle+WA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.149289,104.238281&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=18&ll=47.689045,-122.402528&spn=0.002354,0.008122&t=h&om=1)

It's on Seaview Ave which is access from the West end of Market St in Ballard. There is a boat trailer parking lot that we usually gather at. The first car on the scene dictates the exact location.

redfalken
March 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Is anyone going to post directions or a map...Still trying to arrange my schedule, but I dont know how to get there :D

Bill,

Just curious if you got the email I sent to everyone on the Forum last week? I had an address and specific location in it but I'm always curious if those mass mailings get to everyone.

BillP 98201
March 9th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Sorry didnt receive one. Am keeping my fingers crossed for the sun for the first half of the day on Sat ;)

redfalken
March 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I keep hearing talk of the "Pineapple Express" heading this way so if it's POURING rain tomorrow we may want to postpone the meeting. Check back here tomorrow morning after 9:30 if you want to see if the game's been called.

I'll be there regardless since it's just down the hill from my house and I always drive my Falcon in the rain but I can certainly understand those who don't like to drive in bad weather. I'm also planning on lunch at the Lock Spot for anyone interested.

My cell is 206 6*6*9_9.7.7.7 if anyone needs to contact me. Let's hope for a few hours of sun (or at least dry clouds).

BillP 98201
March 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
They are saying the pineapples wont start falling till late afternoon. Hopin Harry is actually right this time.....lol :)

malodin
March 10th, 2007, 09:29 AM
i am not going to be able to make it, gotta take the wife in to get her compass test for green river so she can get back to school

redfalken
March 10th, 2007, 09:48 AM
So far it looks like the weather is holding out so to all who can make it...come on down!

I'd bring that umbrella just in case...

BillP 98201
March 11th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Went to my first Rainier Falcon meeting..... Had a great time thanks Kenny and Paul. Nice meeting everyone. How bout those Rancheros.......lol

redfalken
March 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
It did seem like a Ranchero meeting! I think we had 4 Rancheros and 2 Falcons. Had a great time meeting a few new people and I'm glad we only got a few sprinkles.

I also enjoyed chatting with everyone at lunch. I'll write up some minutes soon for the next newsletter and you can read all about it.

malodin
March 11th, 2007, 03:22 PM
any idea when the next one will be, it was a little short notice for me and the wife comes first, so if i plan ahead its all good

icebox500
March 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Sorry to have missed it guys, I was dead sick with Strep all week! Haven't seen you guys for a while now!

Coupe

MacDee
March 12th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it either. There were projects at home that HAD to be completed before the monsoon hit. Couldn't spare any of the morning...
Any pics going to be posted?

Jeff W
March 12th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Here a two pictures from Golden Gardens. I'm sure the weather scared most people away.

Here is one we all need to get on our personal calendars now:

All Ford Picnic @ Bellevue Community College
6/3/2007

malodin
March 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM
nice, i would have been the only late model bird there:) that woulda been uncomfortable :)

Jeff W
March 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Dan from the Ranchero Enthusiast was there with his 66? Ranchero. For some reason he didn't park next to us... I think my rusty 1/4 panels scared him away.

BillP 98201
March 14th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah..... gonna have to rib Doug bout not pakin witth us.......that was a classic shot at the restaurant a parking lot full of Rancheros ..even if it was a small parking lot..still looked cool............. thanks again for the chat guys.....It was nice meeting you all