PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Sedan delivery

doghows
September 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
OK, here are a couple of pictures of my Sedan delivery. It is a pretty good base to start with, a little rust to take car of but all in all a good runner.
I will get some of the Ranchero next week. Let me know what you think. Thanks Steve H.:shift:

doghows
September 10th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Guess I should add the pics... Sorry something wrong with pics. It won't let me download them???

Luva65wagon
September 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Maybe they were too big?

doghows
September 14th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Size was only 240x680 ??? Maybe too small?? I will try again with some new pics tomorrow...:confused:

pbrown
September 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
They would not be too small. What is the error message if any? What are you trying to do and how are you doing it?

doghows
September 15th, 2009, 08:30 AM
When I try to upload the pics, it would say upload attempt failed? It just wouldn't let me attach them to my post? I will take some new pics tonight and see if I can get them up here tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

doghows
September 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Well i finally got these to work. This will be the project for the next ?? years. I am sure i will be calling on you guys for help here and there so it is great to have a resource available like this. Steve[yay]

BadBird
September 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Lookin good. Bet everyone is looking at this car with different ideas of future pictures in mind. A lot see a reliable daily driver or a total restore looking fantastic. Then the nuts like me see a tubbed beauty with huge tires in the back, small ones in the front and a big blower sticking out of the hood. :3g: Nice car. Larry

doghows
September 17th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I have gone through the same thoughts as well. First was a fuel injected 302 w/ AOD trans. The the full out 347 stroke with NO2? Now I am thinking stock??? Tomorrow who knows. The good part is I have a 63 Ranchero that I am starting on as well. So maybe 1 Hot Rod, and 1 Driver??
Maybe I should start a survey?? Thanks Steve[AGREE]

pbrown
September 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM
How 'bout a M2 front suspension to make room for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMicckDWSc

4.6 mod motor with a 6-71 blower :banana:.

doghows
September 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I like that!!!!! Probably would have to sell the business and mortgage the house to do it???

Luva65wagon
September 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Very cool Steve. How about a big block Chevy! :ROTFLMAO:

But in all seriousness, I say go totally sleeper with it. But give it all the best suspension, handling, and brakes. Turbo-charged inline 6! Now that would be cool.... and fast enough to scare anyone in the passenger seat.

BillP 98201
September 18th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Steve where did ya find this diamond in the rough? What is the story? Very nice. I vote sleeper/with great tunes.[BOW]

doghows
September 18th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I actually found it on Craig's list for sale in Bremerton. I got the car and a ton of engine parts along with a spare tailgate, and some NOS parts he had for $2500. She had a few rust issues to deal with but I have been looking for a delivery for about 15 years. Just couldn't afford those restored ones I kept seeing.
About a week earlier I came across a 63 Ranchero I picked up from a Lady that was fixing it for her son, and the son didn't like it, Sooo I snatched that one up for $600. It needs floors, and a tranny (solved that one) but has good paint new brakes and new wheels and tires on it. I'll get pics of that one next week.
Anyway I hope to make it over to one of your meetings soon with one of the rigs. I'll keep you all posted on the progress. Thanks Steve [thumb]

kdda191
October 20th, 2009, 12:31 PM
That car has been around here(Kitsap County) for ever! It was in Port Orchard for many years. Id talk to the guy at the A&W car shows every now and then. I almost bought it 6-7 years ago, but decided against it. I want a 63 2dr wagon, but not really into a sedan delivery. Good score tho!

doghows
October 22nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Yes i bought it from the guy in Port Orchard. It is a little rougher than first expected but I wanted a project. I will have her stripped down in the next week or so and I will put up some pics of the progress. Got some rust repair to do but other than that it is all original and fairly solid.

61ranch
October 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
Congrats on the Delivery... I know how it feels to be looking for a certain ride for a LONG time.. I myeself just got the car I have been searching for 15+ years for....

doghows
October 30th, 2009, 08:51 AM
New pics are up. Dis-assembly has started. Now I will see how much work is ahead of me.

Luva65wagon
October 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Looks like you're going about it the right way there, Steve. Hope as you did deeper you don't find any surprises Keep posting pictures as you go -- you can never show too much.

doghows
November 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks I will keep them posted. I added a couple at the start of this thread as well. I am doing some more work tis weekend so I 'll put some more up on Monday or so.:BIRTHDAY: