Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
I didn't jack up the car to get nice pictures like Roger.
It hasn't been on the ground in about 4 months.

Jeff, is your tank just undercoated or is it fiberglass? It's certainly not shiny like mine is now (yes, I fell prey to the curse of another "while I'm at it" thing and pulled the straps, blasted them, and am now refinishing the easy-to-get-to parts of my tank with Eastwood TankTone before I drop the wagon to the ground.) Thanks Joe, see what you made me do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289
I agree with a little plumbing and a little wire extending you could probably use the f55b.
Actually, the wire runs from the back forward, so it passed right by where that 60-63 sender is. The filler seems to be in the right place, which would be hardest to deal with -- though you may need a longer hose -- or just make sure the tank is shifted hard to the drivers side. The wider tank on mine means the straps and holes for the straps are outbound of the 60-63, so they will work for a narrower tank. I think you could get away with the sender with nothing more than another foot of fuel hose.

So, Joe, I think you may have enough to see what is factory and what you can actually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289
Yes I buy my tanks from a mustang vendor.. pretty sad when a mustang vendor sells gas tanks for falcons cheaper than the falcon vendor.
I buy a lot of parts from National Parts Depot (for Mustang) for parts on my wagon. Usually a third to half the price of any Falcon vendor for the common-to-both parts. Just curious though, what Mustang uses a Falcon wagon tank? I thought all Mustangs of this era had a drop in the trunk tanks like the Falcon cars do?