Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Was looking at the post again and I missed a bunch of questions.
    OK, I like the wheels those are going to the top of my choices list. i want something cool but not over used.
    As far as the build; 347 stroker, AOD trans, 9" rear posi 4:11 gears. I am still on the fence for suspension. I ahve had a few good options from you guys so far just not sure if I am going with springs or air bags? Not sure on the steering yet either. Do I leave it stock or go with a rack and pinion?? I am going simple with the brakes. Disk front drum rear. I will keep the original trans just in case but the motor is a 200 6cly not the 144 so I will get rid of it. I'll keep the rear axle around as well, that way I can go back to original if the car becomes worth millions. (haha)
    Anyway that is the plan so far. Look for more pics tomorrow with big hole in the floor area.

updated pics.

Ok here are some updated pics I took last night. I looked at removing the cowl piece. Wow that looks like a big job. Inner fenders dash and firewall all need to come loose??? Maybe I need to find an easier way to do that part. Any ideas???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Maybe I need to find an easier way to do that part. Any ideas???
    Another trick is to cut the cowl sides off. This is the area covered by the fenders. Cut both sides off and you get good but not great access to the cowl. Save the pieces and weld them back in place after the repairs are made.

That is a big hole. Really big hole. I see a couple of welders in the background. They will be getting a workout soon.

Now would be a good time to add subframe connectors.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Well I figured if I am replacing part of the floor, I might as well make it all good. I like the idea for the cowl. Mine already had places that have been cut out and welded back in so I think I will look at that first.
    Sub-frame connectors are being ordered tomorrow. Who has the best ones. I was going to get them from Dearborn??
    Anyhow in the background is a welder and a plasma cutter, both are going to be very handy real soon.
    Thanks for the help and advise and I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Sub-frame connectors are being ordered tomorrow. Who has the best ones.
    Global West

http://www.globalwest.net/1964-73_Mustang_Subframes.htm
    Patrick Brown

newwer pics

Didn't do a lot on the car itself this weekend, but I did get the doors fixed and the hood fixed up. Now I will put them in a powder coat primer and get ready for the body work. Hopefully will get the car to the shop over Christmas break and get it blasted down and ready for powder..
    Have a little more grinding to do on the weld spots but I think the hinge plate replacement came out well. First time I have tried anything like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Powdercoat primer? I've not heard of that. I did powder coat my engine block to match my interior.
    Patrick Brown