Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The more I drive the delivery the more I love it. I guess the 5 years to do it are finally paying off. Estimate of fuel mileage is around 20 mpg. Haven't dialed it in yet due to speedo only going up to 42 mph. Found a third member with 3:73 gears and a posi that a customer of mine had built and he didn't like it in his hot rod so I'm picking it up for $300. That should get me scooting. I have a stock 3:00 open in it now.
    That's it for now, hope to see all you at the shows this year!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Haven't dialed it in yet due to speedo only going up to 42 mph
    That is still very weird. You should pull it and send it back to the guy who fixed it for you - I'm sure he can fix it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

It's low on my list right now but I plan on chewing the guy a new one if I ever see him again. well get it handled one of these days maybe a tech day over your guys way and I'll drive it over. Not to hard to pull the dash out.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

So I just spent another 4 hours hammering and filing and polishing my drip rail moldings.

It looked fantastic!! Note the key word looked.... Apparently when you hammer file and polish you really need to be careful because the metal becomes thinner every time you touch it with something. Thus when I put the trim back on the car you need to thump it carefully to seat it onto the rail itself. I used the palm of my hand to do this and let's just say I ruined every piece, most of it unknowingly until I rubbed it down with my final polishing cloth.
    Let's just say a hammer almost found its way onto the delivery but common sense kicked in just in time and the hammer went out side instead.

So, long story short I need everyone to keep their eyes open for new drip rail trim. I think any wagon or delivery will work and it sucks to take off without ruining it. Now there is a stiff drink in my hand so some forced relaxation is in my immediate future!! I hope all your weekends are going better.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Maybe it's not that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I ruined every piece, most of it unknowingly until I rubbed it down with my final polishing cloth.
    Is it something that is plainly obvious from ten feet away, or is it only noticeable by touch while sliding a cloth along it?

Could you post a picture?

Better get into a Ford.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; March 30th, 2014 at 05:28 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Here it is.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

One more. Lesson learned.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear